Chapter 16 The Rest of the Week

Start from the beginning

"Yeah it was. Alright kids, see you in the morning," Mr. Collins added. They walked out of the elevator and off to their room. Did I mention how they were a whole floor below us? Yeah while we are on the top floor, they are on the one beneath us.

We walked silently to our rooms. After all, we were pretty tired.

We made it to our doors and David said, "Give me the key card. I don't want to see whatever's about to unfold."

"I want to see what's going to happen," Lucy stated.

"Get in the room Lucy," Abby demanded as she shoved her inside.

Once both of them were gone, Jake and Abby had a quiet conversation while Adam and I said goodnight.

"Thank you for all of my stuffed animals," I told him.

"Thank you for my teddy," he answered.

"Yeah, you didn't think that us girls had it in us now did you?"

"No I didn't. But it's a good surprise. I like that you're strong-willed and determined to prove that you can do anything you set your mind to. It's cute."

"You're pretty cute too," I lean forward and he meets my kiss.

"Ahumm," our best friends' fake cough.

"What?" We ask innocently. They just roll their eyes before we all depart till tomorrow.

Day 6:
It's the day of relaxation. We spend the whole day at the beach and on the water.

As soon as we get up and ready, we eat, and then walk straight out onto the beach.

Abby and I lay out on our towels while the boys go down to the lake. We stay there for about an hour before the boys come and stand right over us, getting us wet.

They force us into the lake before we all go on a walk. Mr. and Mrs. Collins and the kids stay back by our towels.

We walk, run, jump, and skip across the beach. When we reach the part beside the Wicked Twister, we stop. There we rented jet skis.

We raced each other across the lake, and far away to the other side. We could even see Canada, that's how far away we went.

We eventually circled back and drove them around the peninsula of Cedar Point. Finally we had to give them up, so we did.

But afterwards, we went parasailing. Then we rented kayaks and paddle boards for an hour.

By the time we were done, it was two in the afternoon. So we grabbed a late lunch back at the hotel before we went to the boat charters at the marina on the other side of the park. The boat took us to Kelleys island where we spent the rest of the day.

We rented a golf cart and drove around the island, stopping every once in awhile to check a place out.

At this one chocolate place, there were these photo boards where we took pictures in. The one was Willy Wonka and an Oompa Loompa in his chocolate factory. The other was an episode of I Love Lucy where Lucy and her best friend try to work at a chocolate factory. They are supposed to wrap the chocolates, but because there are too many of them and the conveyer is moving too fast, they end up shoving the chocolates in many places, like their mouths. The two of them get caught by their boss, however, and the photo is their faces when they get busted, with their cheeks bulging from the chocolate. It's a great picture.

We take turns taking pictures before we buy some chocolate and leave. By the time we make it back to the boat, the sun is already setting.

It's almost dark by the time we get back to Cedar Point. Since it was still early, however, we spent the rest of the night walking around the park, and even riding some of our favorite rides. The whole time we just enjoyed the lights of the park, and walked around like it was a carnival. We ate some cotton candy, candy apples, and popcorn. We revisited some of our favorite games before it was time to call it a night. Tomorrow would be our final day at the park.

Day 7:
We spent it doing anything we hadn't done. Which included the challenge park.

We only had half a day to spend since Adams parents didn't want to stay too long. So we walked to the place we hadn't gone to yet.

Adam, Jake, Abby, and I did the ripcord. Which was extremely scary! It's like a giant swing, except you're on your stomach like you're superman.

Then all of us did both courses of the miniature golf. After that, it was time to go.

We walked back to our rooms for the last time and packed up. Before we left, we all took one last picture together to remember the fun we had on our trip.

Then off we went... Home to boring old Ashland. At least now I have a boyfriend to look forward to.

And boy was I right, I had A LOT to look forward to.