10

"Merry Christmas Eve!"

Skyler sat around her mom, brother, aunt, and cousins as they were enjoying each other's company.

Skyler loved this time of year. It always seemed like happier times. Everyone always seemed so nice and there was this certain joy in the air that the girl just loved.

"Skyler, why don't you take the twins up to your room?" Pamela asked.

"Okay, mom." Skyler led her cousins, Jasmine and Jordan, up to her room. Once in her room, the 3 girls sat on Skyler's bed. "So, what's been going on with you two?" Skyler asks.

"Nothing much." Jordan shrugs.

"The most was visiting grandma a few weeks ago," Jasmine says.

"Really? How is she?"

"Same as always." The twins said at the same time, making the 3 laugh. "But what's up with you?" Jordan smirks. "Jay tells us that you're in a band now?"

"And with 4 boys at that." Jasmine gushes. Skyler rolls her eyes. "Are they cute?"

Skyler looks at Jasmine, slightly confused. "I don't know. I guess." She shrugs.

"Oh, come on. You're in a band with 4 boys. There isn't at least one that you think is cute or have a crush on?"

Before Skyler could answer, there was a knock on her window. She walked over and pulled away the curtains, revealing Luke. The two gave one another dopey smiles before Skyler opened the window.

"Hi, Luke. What are you doing here?" Skyler asked.

Luke chuckled and rubbed his neck. "I just wanted to, um... give you this gift." He smiled.

"Aw, Luke." Skyler took the small box from him and wrapped him in a hug. They let go of each other and smiled. "You didn't have to get me a gift."

"I know but... I wanted to." He smiled.

The 2 stared at each other until they were brought out of their daze by someone clearing their throat. Skyler and Luke looked over to the bed at the smirking Jasmine & Jordan.

"Oh!" Skyler chuckled in embarrassment. "Luke, these are my cousins, Jasmine & Jordan. Jasmine, Jordan, this is Luke. He's in my band."

"Sunset Curve's the name." Luke smiled.

"Tell your friends."

Skyler looked back to the window and saw Reggie who was now crouched down by Luke. "Reggie?! When did you get here?" Skyler asked, slightly confused.

"Just a minute ago." He smiled.

Skyler sighed. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to stop by, wish you a Merry Christmas, you know."

The girl rolled her eyes. "Reggie, you remember my cousins." Skyler pointed to the 2 girls that sat on her bed.

"Hi, Reggie." They greeted.

"Hey girls." Reggie waved.