05

"I can't believe I'm doing this."

Skyler stood outside the school as one group went on for the Halloween Talent show. The girl had signed he name to the sign-up list and wasn't planning on backing out anytime soon.

"Breath, Skyler, Breath." She took a deep breath in, and let it out.

"You good, Sky?" Skyler opened her eyes and saw her brother and mother standing before her.

"Yeah, yeah. Just a bit nervous."

Pamela sighed and hugged her daughter. "You are gonna do great, baby. You know why?"

"Why?" Skyler asked.

"Because you're Skyler Young. An amazing, talented, bad mother-"

"Shut yo mouth" Jay interrupted, which cause a laugh to escape from Skyler.

"There she is." Jay smiled. "Now, come on. Let's go cheer on Reggie and his band."

The family of 3 went inside, while Skyler was still dreading the inevitable.

-----------

The boys did so well for their first live performance. They did a cover of 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen.

The crowd loved them. Even Pamala was impressed.

"Those are your friends?" Pamala asked her daughter.

She shook her head and laughed as Reggie's waved over to them. "Yep, those are my friends."

At one point, it was getting closer to the end of the show and Skyler had to start getting ready for her performance.

After a minute, Reggie noticed the missing girl. "Guys, what happened to Skyler?"

The boys looked around but couldn't find her.

"I'll go ask her mom." Reggie walked over to Skyler's mom. "Ms. Young, have you seen Skyler."

Pamala just smiled. "She'll pop up, just wait."

Reggie was confused but went back to the boys.

"Well, where is she?" Luke asks. Reggie just shrugged.

"Hello everyone!" The principal, Mrs. Hamilton walked onto the stage, gaining everyone's attention. "Thank you so much for a wonderful show. Everyone has been great and so talented. Sadly, we've come down to our last performance. So, thank you, once again, for coming, and please welcome to the stage, Skyler Young."

That made the boys' eyes widen. Skyler walked out on stage with a completely different outfit on. She now had on a simple white dress, a black flannel on top, long black socks, and black Doc Martens. It was simple yet very pretty one her, especially with her cherry-red bass guitar strapped to her back.

Skyler adjusted her mic stand to her height. She went to say something, but nothing ever came out of her mouth. Skyler looked across the crowd, still doing nothing.

"You got this, Sky!" Skyler looked to who made the outburst. She then locked eyes with Luke, who was cheering. Alex, Reggie, and Bobby, Jay, and even her mother began to cheer for her.

It helped calm her down. When they saw her swing her guitar to her chest, they stopped cheering, waiting for her to begin.

Skyler took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and let the music take over.

She began to play the opening riff of the famous Chuck Berry song.

"Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans
Way back up in the woods among the evergreens" She sang.

"There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode

Who never ever learned to read or write so well,

But he could play a guitar just like a-ringin' a bell"

"Go go
Go Johnny go go
Go Johnny go go
Go Johnny go go
Go Johnny go go
Johnny B. Goode"

Luke was amazed by her skills, never seeing her play like this before.

"He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack
Go sit beneath the tree by the railroad track
Oh, the engineers would see him sitting in the shade
Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made" The crowd loved her energy, dancing along to the song and the girl's voice.

"The people passing by they would stop and say
'Oh my what that little country boy could play'"

"Go go
Go Johnny go go
Go Johnny go go
Go Johnny go go
Go Johnny go go
Johnny B. Goode"

Skyler played the final riff and the crowd cheered, the loudest being her mother, brother, and the 4 idiots she called her friends.

At the moment, Skyler felt as confident as ever. That moment would change her way of performing and her love of music forever.

A cheesy ending which I hate, but whatever.