Chapter 27

______________________

Purposely left this book for a while because there will be going to be a lot of timeskips but tbh I don't think it was helpful for the readers' feels lol

We're nearing its ending!

Shenhe/Xiao wanters will be Shenhe/Xiao havers!!

+I'm crying I just got back T^T 11k readers?? I'm speechless. Thank you so much!

______________________

Xiao.

Darkness has come onto being as the stars dances within. Nonetheless, how can one vary its existence without each other's presence?

"The southwest of Lisha has already been cleared. The Juyeun Karst, however," I placed a chess piece of a pawn right at the surface of the map, covering a specific place in Juyeun Karst. "Has seem to be bustling with Fatui underlings."

"Considering it to be a sacred place of the Adepti, the Fatui's move seems to be reckless," Keqing took a bishop, placing it above the city of Sumeru. "But I do think that this must be interrelated to the 6th harbinger's action with the Raiden Shogun's gnosis. They must be patrolling placed that the harbinger might be at, which explains the frequent visits of the other harbingers at Sumeru and the number of Fatui staying at the city as of this moment."

"Assuming that these bold actions of their organization are indeed for the purpose of finding this harbinger," Ningguang closed her bottle of ink. "Then we must grab more intel as we eliminate all of them. We've already cleared out that the territory of the Adepti are out of bounds--especially for them, which is self-explanatory. Any suspicious person other than the Fatui must be checked thourougly." As soon as she ensured that all of them have agreed to her decision, she called the meeting to be adjourned.

Just as I was about to leave the room, Ningguang tapped the wooden table with her nail. She watched everyone exiting the room before she finally spoke. "I am suprised you've agreed to our invitation regarding this operation."

I decided to keep my mouth shut. I cannot say she will be pleased with me responding with expressing my lack of trust to the Milleith. Moreover, defending Liyue with my power is an obvious job that I have to fulfill.

Still, she accepted the silence and changed the subject. "How were you with the Traveler?" She asked.

"He's okay." I felt a soft tug in my heart as Aether managed to drown my thoughts with himself almost instantly. Ningguang only smiled, getting up on her feet. "I see. Well then, let us part ways here. I'm sure Aether is waiting for your arrival." I responded with a nod and bid my farewell as she waved her hand graciously.

Fortunately, there isn't much people than usual when I got out of the premises. Using my adeptal powers, I managed to travel back on the Wangshu Inn for a short time. The usual face of Verr Goldet greeted me, bowing her head as she moved a folder of documents towards me from her desk. "Good afternoon, sir. Here are the findings that our team could've managed regarding the whereabouts of the mass produced sigils."

"Thank you. I'll take these, then." I took the documents and neatly put it to my inventory. "Where's he?"

"The Traveler went outside for a while. He promised he'll be back soon," Verr responded.