Chapter 9

Aether.

"What are we doing here in Mondstat?" Paimon asked as soon as she appeared from the teleport waypoint. "You literally flew away from Xiao looking dissapointed!" She stomped her feet in frustration.

".......I did?" A sweat dropped out from my forehead.

"Yes, you blind boy!" A small 'argh' escaped from her line of frustrated thoughts about me. I don't know if she's really mad at me, but at least that's how she looks like right now.

"Look," I sighed. "It's true that I want to invite him to go with me to the festival as...friends.....but I just want to enjoy the view of the busy streets and flocks of lively people from afar with him. That's what I want to experience before sailing to Inazuma...." honestly, going to that region is risky and the only thing that will probably make me survive is my urge to find my sister.

Sister......

Lumine, that little doppleganger of mine. I had asked her to come with me and leave this world when we met once after my fight with the Abyss Herald.....yet there is something that keeps her from leaving. Nevertheless, compared to me, I have no reason to stay here.

Until Xiao.

I sighed. Ever since I realized my feelings for him, most of my reasons to continue my adventure has been changed. My dream to leave this world with Lumine has wavered.....no, actually, that dream of mine already vanished.

I don't want to leave this world anymore.

But what if my sister wants to leave? I unconsciously bit my fingernails, but it doesn't matter anymore. "Mondstat's library has much to offer compared to Liyue." I said. "I want to find some information first." Paimon nodded. "Okay then, Paimon's going to hide for a bit. Books usually aren't Paimon's thing." She shrugged before dissapearing. As soon as she did, Amber appeared to my line of sight, right infront of the alchemy table as her eyes met mine, her expression brightened.

"Traveler!" She jogged towards me as she called. I went down to meet her. "Master Jean was just writing a letter for you as we speak. We thought you were still in Liyue!"

"I was just going to take a short visit in the library." I said. "I'll go back to Liyue soon."

"You should go probably to her office first. She looks so serious before I left," she crossed her arms, resting her chin on her hand.

I nodded. "Okay then, I must leave now."

"Okay, always be safe on your travels!" She said.

I opened the door to Jean's office. As expected, Jean was sitting on her chair, her forehead resting on her hand as she scribble on a paper. "I heard you need something from me, Master Jean?" I asked.

She looked up to see me. After a bit, she nodded. "Yes, indeed. Please take a sit," I sat on one of the chairs. She put down her pen and sighed. "It's about your sister."

"What?"

"Before you bombard me with questions," she drank the coffee beside her table. "The man who saw hasn't actually talked to her and they were quite far away from each other when they were at Windrise, so we're not sure about her identity. Nonetheless, he had clearly seen that the girl has blonde hair and golden eyes."

"With a flower as her headpiece?"

"According to our witness," she took another sip of her coffee. "She was wearing a cloak, hiding her characteristics to other people. Although another witness had been luckier compared to the first one. This was from a man who claims that you've helped them over a particular task in Liyue," she said.

"I see...." I don't mean to be rude, but, which one of them? "What did he found out?" I asked.

She started fixing her papers as she talk. "Fortunately, this man had made contact with her companion at Lingju Pass. Do not worry, it was just a simple conversation as the man we are talking about was asking for information. I believe he had called himself Tartaglia."

I bit my lip. That sugar daddy waterpark warfreak.

"That's everything that we've managed to collect for now." I stood up from my seat and walked toward the door. "Thank you for your help, Master Jean."

"We're forever indebted to you, honorary knight." She stood up as well. "We'll still find more information of your sister's whereabouts. If you need any more help, we'll be glad to lend you a hand." We both bid our farewell. I started to ran outside as Paimon appeared, worry written all over her face.

"What are you going to do now, Aether?" Paimon flew as fast as she could to reach me.

"We can't find my sister yet, but I know where to find her companion," I told her to hid for a bit and she obliged. I used the Teleport Waypoint back to Liyue.

As my body emerged from the waypoint near the alchemy table, two distant figures can be seen running towards me.

"Aether!"

"Chongyun? What's the matter?" I held his shoulder for support. He thanked me while gasping for air.

"You're......too.......fast......." Xingqiu wheezed and sat on the floor, gasping for air as well. I put Chongyun next to him and ran toward the Wanmin restaurant. I ran back with a bottle of water.

"I know you couldn't drink the whole bottle, so I only bought one." I handed them the bottle.

"What....sharing....a.......bottle?.......hah....as if Yun-yun will-" Xingqiu's eyes widened as he saw Chongyun opening the bottle and drinking it. Half-empty, he passed it to him.

".....Oh, do you really want to have an indirect kiss with me, Yun-yun? How bold!" He teased.

I rubbed my temple. These kids, really...."Xingqiu, would you rather dehy-"

Like the wind, Chongyun grabbed Xingqiu by his waist, his hand holding his chin with their faces inches away. "If that makes you drink the water in that freaking bottle then yes, I would love to have a DIRECT kiss from you and we won't stop kissing until your knees weakened enough for you to be unable to walk."

Oh my, how bold.

Oh wait.

"Chongyun, please eat one of your popsicles." I slightly pushed his face away from Xingqiu's, opened his pocket, and shoved a popsicle in his mouth. He chewed it instantly. Xingqiu, on the other hand, probably had entered Celestia with his soul. I can't do anything about him if his mind is out of the world and his face a blushing mess. I patted his back for now....for moral support, I suppose.

Kids these days. Love confessions are getting wilder as time goes on.