Chapter 33: Day 20: Date

A/N:
Been a while. I'm not really in the best shape and mood for writing anything, but I'll try.

———

"Ten more days... Just ten more..." You whispered to yourself, checking the calendar again as if it's going to switch date itself. "(Y/N)! Breakfast is ready!" You heard a voice coming from downstairs as you just shouted a 'yes' back to them before running down and reaches the dining table. Kirumi seems better today, that's good! You sat down on the chair and gazes inside the kitchen, which has Kirumi and Ramu cooking together.

Guess she's helping, after all it takes quite some days for sickness to be fully cured. Soon, the two walks out of the kitchen with foods on their hands, and they're on the table now, shortly. "Huh, Aoi isn't here? Where'd she go?" You questioned first after seeing she's not on the same table as everyone. "Oh, she said she has an early swimming class, so she left for that." Ramu finishes her explanation and continue to dig in her food.

"I see..."

After breakfast, most people off to do their own things mostly outdoors. While you stayed inside and search for things to do. "Hey Ramu, are you occupied?" You asked as you come up to the female, which she turns behind and greets you with a small smile. "No, I'm pretty free, is something wrong?" "Just looking for a friend." You sat down on a chair across her. "What about your work?" "My shift starts in one hour, don't worry!" After that, you two most likely had a staring contest... Without declaring any of you won.

"Has Kirumi gotten better...?" You asked. "O-Oh? Yeah, she had... I mean, it's just common cold so she held on well." Then back to the silent. "Aaafter my shift, would you like to um... Go to a movie?" Ramu perks her head up right after that, you swear you saw her eyes shine a little before some tint of red appear on her face. "A movie-? Just the two- Oh- Wait, you must've planned it with one of your friends, right?"

The light in her eyes went away as she pout. "Huh? No, of course not! It'd just be you and me!" "Ah... Just, please, don't tell anyone that you'd go out with me... You know how things are around here." She gave off a light chuckle, you nodded at her words. "I'll try."

———

Your shift is still as usual, asking customers what to buy, telling the chef, serve the dish then clean the table. Rinse and repeat. The end of the day was mostly the same, well, that's until you set down in front of Izuru's seat. "You can ask first today." Izuru said as he motion his hand to point to me. "Ah? Me...? Hm..." You think about it for a while before speaking up. "Why don't you and Kaede ever get along?" "Oh? Interesting..." Izuru leans back at the chair as he closes his eyes.

"We don't fit like you and I do. Her personality does not go well with me." Izuru gave off a brief explanation as he opens his eyes, saying that his answer is only short like so. "To my question now. May I have the pleasure of taking you out on a date with me?" May I have the pleasure? Wait, no, better question. A DATE??? "What did you just say?!" Kaede popped up, almost out of nowhere as she wraps her arms around my torso.

"K-Kaede-" "Y-You're not going, right (Y/N)?!" The female looks at me with panicked eyes as I look back and forth to the both of them. I couldn't go either way... I already made plans with Ramu... "You barely know this... This stranger! What if he takes you to somewhere unsafe?! Come on, you can go with me instead!" Kaede convinced as Izuru just let out a huff. "Did I ask you?" "Guys, actually-" "You think I can just let (Y/N) go to you? She's my friend!" Kaede shouts.

"For the love of God, I-" "And I didn't question you. Specifically, I asked (Y/N). So shall we let her answer?" That's what I'm trying to do, Sherlock. "Okay! Well, who do you choose, (Y/N)?" After Kaede's statement, both of them then look at me, waiting. "Uhm... Yeah, that's sweet and all but I already have another plan with a friend." You sighed as you explain, Izuru and Kaede just looks at you with dumbfounded eyes as you stand up from your chair.