"It's been well.", I told him honestly. "I've been busy and have a lot of things to do in the next weeks, but it's all fun. A lot of days on set. Some online interviews tomorrow. But I've been great. Feeling very well."

His eyes shined as he listened to me. The little smile had not left his lips since we sat down at the table. He looked tired, now that I have eyed his face more detailed. Big heavy black bags were under his eyes, his hair was not styled like usual. Brown curls were laying messily on his head. I realised some of the bruises he had on his face and his arms. They didn't look very bad, but I imagined they hurt. He still looked good, though. 

"That's great. I'm happy for you.", he told me and I smiled back at him. These words meant much to me, coming from him. 

"Thank you.", I whispered back. 

"And you? Other than the incident stuff." It was now my turn. 

"I came back from Italy yesterday.", Lando started to tell me. I leaned back in my chair. "Then went straight home to rest. Max was there, which was nice. Not to be alone, I mean."

He told me about his friend Max a few times now. He was a racing driver as well, taking a break right now. He lived with Lando for the past months now. They knew each other from early karting days, where they would compete together. Max has been a big part of Lando's life. I have not met him, but he seemed like a genuinely nice person. 

"Then I was resting today as well but came here when I saw the interview. Jon and I will meet tomorrow but only to do some more checkups. If I'm alright then, I guess we make a plan to get back to work." I nodded as Lando ended his explanation. 

"Just be careful?", I asked him. He knew exactly how worried I was about him getting back to working too soon. Concussions are serious injuries and you shouldn't underestimate their effects. 

"I will be.", he promised me. I smiled slightly. His promise didn't take the fear off f me completely but I had to trust him. After all, he was a professional racing driver and in the end, he would know what is best for him. Besides, he had Jon on his side. He would be careful with Lando. That, I was sure of. My hand grabbed my wine glass again and I took the last sip out of it. 

"What time is it?", I asked, after I sat down the glass again. Lando turned his wrist and took a look at his watch. 

"About 10:30.", he answered me. I inhaled a deep breath and closed my eyes for a moment. When I opened them again, I met Lando's eyes again. 

"I should get these dishes done before I'll go to sleep.", I mumbled more to myself. It wasn't meant to be heard by the boy in front of me but he did anyway. 

"I can help you.", he offered without hesitation. 

"You don't have to.", I said back but he laid his head to the side. 

"But I will.", he told me and stood up from his chair. Without waiting for me, he grabbed his plate with the utensils on top of it and the glass. He had finished his glass of wine way before me but didn't want a refill. I exhaled heavily but followed him into the kitchen with my things in hand. When I set my dishes down, Lando had already started to let the water run into the sink. Some detergent was also already in the water and started to create some bubbles. The man stood in front of the sink, leaned his body on his arms and watched the water fill the sink. 

"Guess I'll dry the dishes then.", I said and Lando just nodded. He dropped the dishes into the sink, then waited a little more until the water was enough to clean all of the dishes. He soon after turned off the water and started to clean the plates with a dishcloth. In the meantime, I stepped to grab a fresh towel and stepped back to his left side to wait for the clean dishes.