(15) Paper Airplanes

"Xiao.. Are you sure this would work?" Venti and Xiao finally settled in the motel, just the both of them getting ready.

"There is one thing for sure baby, we will both live." Xiao places a kiss on Venti's forehead as he loads his sniper.

The two started unloading their weapons, yet they didn't bother at all. They were enemies, but the word "were" is now present in the sentence.

Xiao took his polearm out the trunk of the car looking if anybody is around, Xingqiu and Chongyun left through a taxi. They only had an hour left before they go, yet Xiao feels uneasy, something feels off especially when he left.

Xiao finished preparing, he changed his clothes to all black, he had his polearm sharpened, a loaded gun, a knife, poison gas, you know it.

Xiao looks at Venti, who was almost finished preparing. "What are you staring at?" Venti chuckles.

"Baby, please promise me something."

"Hm?"

"Live. That's all I ask, live."

Xiao has been willing to say this, over and over again.

"What's with you? I'm strong enough Xiao, please. I promise."

The time kept ticking, and Xiao's anxiousness won't disappear, he wasn't scared of death, he wasn't scared of the people. But he was scared of losing Venti.

--

At the Archon Headquarters.

"MASTER MORAX! Urgent report!" Zhongli who was still a bit worried of Venti who locked himself in the room with that Xiao, he still hasn't figured out the two had left.

"What?" Zhongli's stare was cold, he was mad at Venti.

"F-fatui organization has planned to attack a few moments from now, this is from Master Kaeya who is out at the moment investigating about Scaramouche, he heard it accidentally, but once he said about this he dropped the call and never answered." Jean reported this, she was shaking. Anytime, any moment from now, they could be dead.

Zhongli wasn't calm and collected this time, it was bad. He ordered everyone in one click. "HQ CODE RED EVERYONE REPORT!"

Everyone gathered, including the maids. Ei was there, acting worried. "Where's Barbatos?!" Ei seemingly answered. "WHERE THE HELL IS BARBATOS?" Morax slammed his table, there was no more time.

"Where the fuck is that Xiao! Find them!" Zhongli quickly ordered, yet they were no where to be found.

"What?!" Zhongli knew this was bad.

"Forget about him." Zhongli had a feeling, a worse feeling that Venti betrayed them. "Get your weapons and if ever Kaeya calls, find him! Were going there, at the abandoned building where it all started."

Everyone in the organization including Ei acted the same way, "EVERYONE MOVE!" She ordered.

"YES MASTERS!" everyone in the organization started moving, packing their things and belongings.

"Are you guys ready?" Morax finally says after 10 minutes of preparing. "Sir, yes, Sir!"

"Where the fuck is Barbatos?!" Morax whispered to Ei as they were preparing to leave. "I don't know?! I was out in the morning?!"

There's no way Venti would've left without anyone knowing, all they knew him and Xiao were together at his room. Now, they are nowhere to be found.

--

Going back to Xiao and Venti..

"Guys we're back!, Xiao we got them ready." Venti's eyes widened, "Xiao?! You don't plan killing them?"