Chapter 41 : Early Morning Talks

That night, Y/n slept comfortably in Bucky's arms, his body was her own blanket of warmth. They agreed for whatever they had to continue with no labels. It was already enough that they were able to say the three special words everyone longs to hear from another person directed to them.

Throughout the night, Bucky slipped down from the headboard, his subconscious leading him to lay down with his body on his side. Normally, he'd sleep on his back, but now he had something to make room for, something that he never knew he needed, or could find. Her.

He laid awake, facing Y/n as she slept peacefully with his arm tucked underneath her neck. Her light snores blowing onto his face, lips parted. Like all the other times, he found himself staring. Before, he stared at the girl he longed to have. Now he stared at the girl who admitted to wanting him, loving him, just hours ago.

He lifted his metal hand to her slightly parted lips, lightly brushing his thumb against her bottom lip. Wow. He was privileged to say that hed kissed those lips. Three times. There were three times where he had the honour of feeling her lips against his. Moving. Connecting. Loving.

"Mine..." he muttered as his lips broke out into a soft smile. He had no idea what brought him to utter that possessive word, but it felt right. He slightly furrowed his eyebrows when she smiled softly. "You're awake..." he observed in a quiet voice.

She hummed in response, her eyes still closed, lips set in a soft smile as she moved her hand up to the one cupping her face, his thumb settled against her bottom lip. She put her hand over his, feeling the cool metal against her fingertips.

"I always liked this arm..." she whispered, stroking her thumb over his hand. He stayed silent, and she felt a small shrug in response. "What's the time?"

He looked over to the clock on the wall, "Four o'clock," he muttered back, his eyes landing on his thumb that he slowly dragged along her lip. He was already addicted to her kiss. To her lips. Her eyes. Just...her.

Her smile widened to his answer, and she let out a quiet laugh, "Four in the morning..." she whispered as if she were reminiscing about something.

"What?" he smiled.

"Well, Bucky..." she started, "About a week or so ago...I met a guy..." her voice was soft, filled with mischief as she spoke. She still refused to open her eyes, partly because she was still tired, but mostly because she couldn't face Bucky while his thumb was gently resting on her lip.

"A guy, huh?" He raised an eyebrow. He couldnt stop smiling.

"Hmm, a man. Very tall. Very muscular. Not to mention, very handsome...and...very old," she made sure to add, earning a small, tired chuckle from Bucky. His laugh was low, raspy, slow.

"Should I be worried about him?" he asked, giving in to the little, early morning game she was beginning to play. She never failed to amuse him with her cute, bad timed words, and her screwed up humour.

"Oh yeah. Definitely. He definitely has a fighting chance," she muttered back, giggling at herself. A giggle that made Bucky's heart flutter. Bucky Barnes' heart fluttered.

He smirked before he spoke again, "Well...since you're being so honest. I should probably tell you that...I met a girl..." he spun the game around, remembering each of her words, and playing them against her in his own way.

"A girl, huh?" she smiled back, understanding how he wanted to direct the conversation. Her hand was still on his, and she let out small, steady breaths every time his cold thumb moved against her lip.

"A woman. Very short. Very small. Not to mention, very...beautiful," the word still ignited a spark within her. The word that coursed from her head to her toes whenever Bucky was the one complimenting her. "She's very honest. Always comments at the worst times. And when we first met, she followed me around like a lost puppy. I just can't seem to get rid of her..." he joked at the end, and she reacted with a laugh, slightly louder.

Rapid Recovery (Bucky Barnes x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara