Chapter 4 : Confrontation

Y/n and Bucky took a train out to meet Sam. They didn't speak at all throughout the whole ride, Y/n figured that he needed time to think about what he had just watched.

When they finally arrived, Y/n felt as if she had to jog to keep up with Bucky's fast pace and long strides. Although, Bucky was far too determined to talk to Sam to even notice her struggles.

She looked over to her right to see that Bucky's facial expression was stone cold with irritation and determination. Y/n wondered if him and Sam were even friends to begin with. Either way, she knew he would give him a hard time.

"Why are we going to see Sam Wilson?" curiosity got the best of her, causing her to break the long period of silence and ask the question.

"He's the one who gave up the shield," he answered simply, only just realising that she was falling behind him a little. He turned around to look at her, making her stop in her tracks.

He did what?! She thought to herself, but kept it to herself, knowing her reaction wouldn't help the situation.

"Here, come on," he said, grabbing her wrist gently and began to tug her along with him. He figured that holding her hand was much too intimate, even though it was a simple gesture.

Y/n noticed that he moved to her left side just to be able to use his flesh hand instead of his metal one, even if they were covered by the black, leather gloves he wore.

Y/n looked to the ground, still being pulled by Bucky. She was grateful, it did in fact make her job of simply walking beside him easier. She looked up when she heard Bucky call out, "Shouldn't have given up the shield," projecting his voice quite easily.

"Good to see you too, Buck," the man answered sarcastically while he walked down the stairs, Y/n and Bucky trying to stand in front of him.

He was about to walk straight past them, but he stopped when he noticed the girl. He looked down at her with a curious expression on his face.

"And who's this?" he asked with a small smile to try to be polite, although that smile instantly dropped again, seeing as though it wasnt a good day for anyone.

"I'm...Y/n..." the girl replied shyly, shuffling slightly closer to Bucky.

"I'm Sam. Can't believe Buck managed to finally get himself a girl," he commented with a small chuckle causing both her and Bucky to reply at the same time.

"I'm not his girl."

"She's not my girl."

Y/n noticed that Sam raised an eyebrow at her, causing her to just notice the extremely close proximity between Bucky and herself, with his grip still on her wrist. She took a small step to the side away from Bucky, hoping not to make the small action look rude.

They watched as Sam sighed, knowing that they would have to go back to the topic at hand and continued to walk straight past them.

Bucky pulled Y/n along with him again, following Sam and commenting again in a low voice.

"This is wrong," he said, turning his head to look at Sam from his side. Since Y/n was being held by Bucky's right hand, she was forced to walk in between them, making her feel slightly uncomfortable. Especially by the fact that an argument was most likely going to break out over her head.

"Hey, hey, look, I'm working, alright? So all this outrage...is gonna have to wait," Sam replied, emphasising the t sound when he said wait, projecting his attempt to hold back his frustration.

"You didn't know that was gonna happen?" Bucky asked with more irritation seeping through his voice as he stuck his neck out to emphasise his words while pointing over to a poster of the new Captain America.

Rapid Recovery (Bucky Barnes x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें