Chapter 17 : Alliance

The four of them were now in a room in Sharon's art gallery in High town, now in a new set of clothes. Sam was beginning to change while Zemo poured himself a drink, Y/n and Bucky sat together on the couch with her head laying on his left shoulder.

"You ok?" Bucky asked as he watched Y/n trace the metal plates of his metal hand.

"Yeah...just a little tired..." she answered in a soft voice. She was completely unaware that Bucky was now staring down at her with a small smile on his face.

"Damn you guys are cute together," Sam commented truthfully, picking out a shirt from the rack.

"Shut up Sam," Y/n shot back, immediately lifting her head off of Bucky's shoulder and turning around to face Sam who was now shirtless. He chuckled in response before Bucky placed his flesh hand flat on top of her head, turning her back around and gently forcing her head back down on his shoulder without a word. She smiled to herself at his actions, but quickly wiped it off of her face, although Zemo noticed.

"Interesting..." Zemo observed in a low voice, staring at the two with a glass of alcohol in his hands.

"Much better," they heard Sharon enter the room, commenting when she noticed that Sam was now getting changed into a new outfit.

"What's going on Sharon? You don't ever wanna come back home?" Sam asked her.

"They'll lock me up if I step foot back in the states," she dropped a bag on the couch before walking over to her desk, "Madripoor doesn't allow extradition."

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't call...but after the Blip and the chaos, I just-"

"Look, you know the whole hero thing is a joke right? I mean, the way you gave up that shield, deep down you must know it's all hypocrisy."

"He knows...and not so deep down," Zemo felt the need to point out, making Sam turn to look at him.

Sharon glanced at Zemo before turning back to Sam and asking, "By the way, how is the new Cap?"

Y/n rolled her eyes with a groan in response. Just thinking about Walker made her want to punch the closest thing to her.

"Don't get me started," Bucky answered, clearly feeling the same way Y/n was feeling, although he had more of a reason to feel that way.

Sharon let out a small scoff, walking over to the couch as she said, "Please, you buy into all that stars and stripes bullshit," Bucky looked up at her when she walked over, beginning to sit herself next to him and gesturing to Zemo when she continued, "Before you were his pet psychopath, you were Mr America, Cap's best friend," she mocked with a silent laugh.

Y/n raised an eyebrow at her, noticing her careless nature.

"Wow, she's kind of awful now..." Bucky added.

"Now, what's up with you two?"

"Nothing. He's just comfortable," Y/n replied, now hugging his arm and snuggling into him. Bucky looked down at her again with a tiny smile tugging at the corners of his lips again. He then thought back to what her mother had said to him, the day they had that therapy session together in the interrogation room.

"I know that look. What's wrong?" she questioned him before he could leave the room after Sam had.

He looked back at her, asking, "What was rule number two again?" referring to the set of rules he was given for when making amends.

"Don't hurt anyone."

Bucky stayed silent for a few seconds before finally saying, "Goodbye Doc," and turning around.