Chapter 10 : Protection

The teenaged boy finally came back to the door, letting them in while he said, "Today's your lucky day...he say he wanna see for himself," gesturing towards a man further in the room as the group walked in slowly.

Y/n walked in, slightly anxious with Bucky in front of her and Sam behind her.

"Isaiah," Bucky greeted with a soft nod towards the man.

"Look at you..." the man said back, looking directly at Bucky.

"This is uhh...Sam, Y/n," Bucky gestured towards the pair that were beside him, still looking at Isaiah.

"Guys, this is Isaiah..." he continued, both Sam and Y/n looking at the man with slight confusion as to why they needed to travel all the way to Baltimore to meet him.

Bucky began to speak again, "He was a hero. One of the ones that Hydra feared the most, like Steve. We uhh, met in '51," he turned to look at the both of them, soon looking back to Isaiah when he spoke up.

"If by met, you mean...I whooped your ass...then, yeah."

Y/n looked up to Bucky who now had a small smile spread across his face as he looked at Isaiah.

"We heard whispers he was on the Peninsula...but everyone they sent after him, never came back. So the US military dropped me behind the line to go deal with him," Isaiah continued, clenching his jaw, now looking at Sam, who was becoming increasingly confused. Bucky's smile quickly faded.

The man continued again as the group of three in front of him, stayed silent, listening attentively, "I took half that metal arm in that fight in Goyang, but I see...he's managed to grow it back," nodding towards the metal arm.

He must've been good to be able to get even close to Bucky... Y/n concluded in her mind, staring at Isaiah intently while he continued.

"I just wanted to see if he got the arm back...or, if he'd come to kill me."

Y/n felt the slight need to flinch at his words but held it back. She didn't like being reminded of Bucky's past. Not because she was scared, but because it would've been hell for him. The soldier she had always admired.

"I'm not a killer anymore," Bucky answered, shaking his head slightly as he spoke. In return, Isaiah stayed silent, slightly amused by Bucky's response before replying.

"You think you can wake up one day and...decide who you wanna be?"

Y/n's immediate reaction was to lift her hand up to Bucky's forearm, holding onto it comfortingly, listening to Isaiah continue.

"It doesn't work like that. Well, maybe it does for folks like you."

Bucky looked down before he looked up again, "Isaiah, the reason why we're here...is because there's more of you and me out there."

"You and me..." Isaiah said in disgust.

"And we need to know how."

Im not gon' talk about it anymore, Isaiah talked over Bucky, his anger and voice evidently rising as he grabbed a silver tin that was on the table in front of him, swiftly throwing it to his side, straight into the wall with ease.

Both Sam and Y/n looked over to the wall in shock.

A super soldier... Y/n thought to herself in disbelief.

Bucky looked down to his side, slightly anxiously as Isaiah came up to walk closer to him. Bucky lifted his head to look at the man.

"You know what they did...to me, for being a hero? They put my ass in jail...for 30 years. People running tests...taking my blood...coming into my cell. Even your people weren't done with me," he said, pointing to Bucky.