"Don't do this to me, Nick." Nat mumbled. Steve turned around and walked out of the room when they could get his heart to start again. I followed after him. Steve holds the flash drive in his hand. "What do we do with that?" I whispered.

"Not sure." He said. We then are taken to a room where Fury's body is and Natasha staring at it. "I need to take him." Maria said, entering the room. " Steve nodded before walking over to Natasha. "Natasha." He said, before she placed her hand on Fury's head, and walked out of the room.

"Natasha!" Steve said, as we followed her. "Why was Fury in your apartment?" She asked, turning towards us. "I don't know." Steve sighed. She then looked at me. "Why would I know? It's not my apartment." I said. "Cap, they want you and Miss Maximoff back at S.H.I.E.L.D." Rumlow said.

"Yeah, give us a second." Steve said. "They want you now." Rumlow said. "Okay." Steve said, turning back towards Nat as Rumlow walked away. "You're a terrible liar." Natasha said, before walking away. I then looked over at the vending machine. "Steve." I said, nudging his arm. "Mhm?" He hummed. "What if we put it in the vending machine." I suggested. "Great Idea." He smirked as he took the time to put the flash drive in the vending machine, behind the Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum. Once we put the flash drive in the vending machine we walked over to Rumlow. "Let's go." Steve said. "Yeah." Rumlow replied. "S.T.R.I.K.E., move it out." Rumlow said.

***

"Captain Rogers, Miss. Maximoff." Agent 13 nodded as she walked towards us and we walked towards her and an older man with blonde hair and glasses. "Neighbor." Steve said, with a straight face as we walked past her, and towards the older man. "Oh. Captain. I'm Alexander Pierce." The older man said, shaking Steve's hand. "Sir, it's an honor." Steve said.

"The honor's mine, Captain. My father served in the 101st. Come on in. You to Miss Maximoff." Pierce said, leading us into his office. "That photo was taken five years after Nick and I met, when I was at State Department in Bogota. E.L.N. rebels took the embassy, and security got me out, but the rebels took hostages." Pierce said as Steve and I looked at an old photo of Fury and Pierce.

"Nick was Deputy Chief of the S.H.I.E.L.D. station there, and he comes to me with a plan. He wants to storm the building through the sewers. I said, 'No, we'll negotiate.' Turned out the E.L.N. didn't negotiate, so they put out a kill order. They stormed the basement, and what do they find? They find it empty." He said, as the three of us sat down.

"Nick had ignored my direct order, and carried out an unauthorized military operation on foreign soil, and saved the lives of a dozen political officers, including my daughter." Pierce finished. "So you gave him a promotion." Steve stated.

"I've never had any cause to regret it." Pierce said. Then there was a silent pause. "Captain, why was Nick in your apartment that night?" Pierce asked. "I don't know." Steve said, shaking his head. "Did you know it was bugged?" Peirce asked. I eternally rolled my eyes.

"I did, because Nick told me." Steve said. "Did he tell you he was the one who bugged it?" Pierce asked, not getting a response from Steve. "I want you to see something." Pierce said, playing a video of Batroc being interrogated up on the screen behind us. Steve and I turned around to see the footage.

"Who hired you, Batroc?" The interrogator asked. "Is that live?" Steve asked. "Yeah, they picked him up last night in a not-so-safe house in Algiers." Pierce said. "Are you saying he's a suspect?" I asked. "Assassination isn't Batroc's line." Steve said.

"No, no. it's more complicated than that. Batroc was hired anonymously to attack the Lemurian Star. And he was contacted by email and paid by wire transfer, and then the money was run through 17 fictitious accounts. The last one going to a holding company that was registered to a Jacob Veech." Pierce said, handing a stack of papers to Steve.