2- The New Beginning

"Who are you?" Morgan asks as she notices Bucky there.

"A, uh... a friend of mine," I say, standing up. Right then, Happy shows and takes Morgan to sit with him. How convenient.

"Stark's kid?" he asks, casually.

"Morgan, yes" I respond.

"She kind of reminds me of you."

"Yeah, cute and funny," I joke.

"I was gonna say sassy, actually," he laughs. After a minute, he adds in a serious tone, "I'm sorry about everything that's happened, I know you were close with all three of them."

"It's alright, I know Natasha and Vision are up there somewhere celebrating that we won. Tony's there too, of course, probably making fun of them for being all 'mushy'" I half-joke. Then when a minute of awkward silence ensues, I say, "I've gotta, uh, find my brother. See you." I turn to walk away but he grabs my arm. I turn back towards him, and he quickly pulls away.

"Uh, will I be seeing you?" he asks.

"Maybe, now that I'm done with Asgard for the moment. I could've become the ruler, you know."

"What about Thor?"

"Not his thing. Never was. He wanted to make Odin proud, but now that he's gone, Thor realized he wants to do what feels right for him."

"And you?"

"Oh, I wasn't made to rule, I'm much too indecisive. I told him to ask our good friend Valkyrie; now that's a ruler. Without her, the Asgardians would've perished when our planet fell."

"So if you're both giving up the throne, what are you going to do?"

"Thor has no idea, but knowing him probably something crazy. I'm gonna stick around for a while, at least while Thor travels with the raccoon and tree."

"Strange that not long ago, that last sentence would've baffled me."

"Strange, indeed. What about you, with your newfound freedom and all?"

"Just take it day by day."

"So what's the agenda for today?"

"I uh... Steve is, I mean, I'm gonna go see Steve before he returns all the infinity stones to their timeline. You should come, actually."

"You know what? Sure, why not."

_____________________________________

"So you're telling me he's going to travel around for what can be days for him, but it'll only be a minute for us? What?" I recollect. Sam, Bruce (who I know as the hulk), Bucky, and I are all here to send Steve off to the past. Obviously, the whole thing is still very confusing to me.

"Probably not even a minute," Bruce replies while Steve and Sam talk. Steve then goes over to Bucky far away enough that I can't hear what they're saying, so I move closer as they hug.

"Gonna miss you, buddy," he says.

"It's gonna be okay, Buck" Steve replies.

"Miss him? Bruce just said it wouldn't even be a minute. Dramatic much?" I cut in, causing the two to laugh.

"Ah, Y/n," Steve muses. "In the short time I've known you, you've been a real pain in my ass."

"Language!" Sam intervenes.

"Yeah, yeah," Steve laughs. "Like I was saying, you annoy the crap out of me Y/n. But you brought my best friend back, so I guess I owe you."

"What can I say? I just enjoy charity," I tease.