CHAOS

Please don't skip the author's note at the end

It has some clarifications regarding the book

THEA'S POV

It's been almost a month. A month since that night in the hospital. I haven't seen or heard from Xander. I waited everyday, hoping that he would lose control like he did everytime and come see me. I shouldn't want him. I know I should have some self-respect. I knew I should let him go cause he is bad but I guess it's just something about good girls wanting bad boys.

I almost laughed at how pathetic I sounded.

Lila has been busy with her cases. Some man was murdered in the precinct, right under Lila's watch and she has been beating herself about it. I keep telling her it wasn't her fault. Another convict in that cell killed him and Lila couldn't have known because the cells were far inside. But she refuses to accept it.

Right now I am outside her station debating whether or not I should go inside. She doesn't like it when I come here.

'That place has scary people Thea. I don't want you getting hurt' She always told me this.

But today I didn't want to be alone. Something at the apartment did not feel right. I know there are men outside the apartment.

Xander's men.

I can barely sense them around me but I do catch them changing shifts sometimes. I was very tempted to put myself in trouble again so I could see Xander again but then I just decided against it.

A sigh escaped my lips as I walked inside the precinct. Looking around for Lila I saw how chaotic the place looked. People were screaming on the phone but I think Lila's voice was the loudest.

Oh boy. I clearly didn't pick the right time. I wanted to leave but I needed to talk to Lila even if it was just for a few minutes. She was the only person in my life I considered family so I had to know she was okay.

Walking towards her desk, I sat down in front of her. She looked at me, surprised. Yeah I am gonna get the talk.

After a few minutes of talking in Russian, Lila cut the call and looked at me.

"Hey" I said trying to sound as chirpy as I could

"Thea I told you to not come here. There are bad people here. I arrest them. Seeing you with me puts you in danger" Lila said or should I say almost scolding

"I hadn't seen you in a while. It's scary to be home alone" I justified

"I know honey but things only keep getting worse"

"What happened?"

"You know I can't tell you"

"Give me something. I don't have anything to do. I am bored"

Lila sighed, looked around and then said,

"Remember Rouge?"

'XANDER. OF COURSE I REMEMBER HIM' I wanted to say but I didn't. I just gave a slight nod. I didn't want Lila to know anything about me and Xander. Nothing. I know she would ask me to stop and I know that I wouldn't. I didn't want to upset her.

"So he and another gang, the mafia, had a clash. There were guns involved and a lot of people died. Rouge shot the leader of the mafia. There is no evidence but everyone knows only Rouge has the power to do that. Things wouldn't be this chaotic if Rouge had taken over. However, Rouge is missing"

"What do you mean missing?" I asked, panic evident in my tone

"Since the mafia has no leader, Rouge is expected to take over but he hasn't shown up. Word is he was injured. No one knows. And since he hasn't been around local gangs are rising up"