GOOD GIRL

THEA'S POV 

THEA'S POV 

I honestly did not understand where I got my irrational personality side from. My parents were the epitome of well mannered and very scheduled people. I don't remember the last time that they actually did something that could count as stupid or wrong. For the last thirty minutes I have been cursing myself for actually offering the creepy guy cupcakes and a blanket. From the looks of it, he was as surprised as me.

In my defense, I felt that sweets were an excellent bribe. And before I could actually talk some sense into me, I was already out of my house, on the streets. The guy did look like he had done some bad stuff in his life. The scars, the rugged look, the numerous tattoos, the unkempt hair; god, the list could go on.

Right now I am on my laptop, trying to distract myself with some of the old episodes of gossip girl. I did believe that Chuck's face could distract me from any amount of troubled thoughts so yeah, here I am. But it's not working. My mind keeps wandering off to the guy in front of my building.

"I have had enough of this" Screaming at myself, I got out of bed and walked towards the window. I don't know what I was expecting, maybe he was wrapped around the blanket, passed out from the sugar rush, but I was taken by surprise when I saw no one outside. I wanted to feel a sense of relief, however I felt myself panic. Did he finally decide to kill me? Is he in my house right now?

I was scared and before I could decide what I should do, I felt the door of my room creaking.

OH MY GOD. HE IS HERE. AND HE IS HERE TO KILL ME.

I was freaking out. With my back faced towards the door, I didn't know if he had a knife or a gun. I am going to pray to god that he has a gun. Easy death, no pain. One bullet and gone. Will Lila come home tomorrow? How long before she finds my body? What if she doesn't come home for a week? Will my body just rot on the floor? Will my parents even come to my funeral?

No they wouldn't. A part of me spoke. I knew they wouldn't. They hated me. They wanted a strong child. Someone who could survive in their world of business and be the perfect child. I wasn't anything that they had ever wanted. As soon as I turned 18, they threw me out.

" We don't want a weakling. The Gracias family deserved a boy who could carry our name or a strong daughter who could fight for herself and her family. You disgust us" The last words of my father before he slammed the door on my face. I hated myself for never being enough.

I didn't even realize that I had tears in my eyes. Taking a deep breath, I turned around, ready to get killed.

"I would prefer if you just killed me with no torture. I expected you to not kill me at all when I gave you my cupcakes, but it seems like they weren't enough to move your heart. So as my last wish, which I know everyone gets asked for, I wish for a painless death. I am not really great at the whole pain thing, so yeah" Nothing. I heard nothing. The only sound in the room was of me breathing. Heavily.