Chapter 24: Free the Feelings

[At midnight]

"Haah Haah Haah Hah!" 
a man gasps in horror as he runs much faster than he was.
He was running for his life no doubt, and the answer was already Obvious.

"I-I need to run! I need to run! I need to run!" The man repeated as fear has taken over his sanity 

*CRASH*

But suddenly, a Window Above him was shattered and two people fell from it.

One of them was you, and the other was one of your targets as you had a knife stabbed into his throat

"AAH!!" the one that was running moments ago screams in pain seeing you.
You slowly pull the knife out of the dead one's throat and looked over to the other one.
"No!! Stay away! Stay away from me! I've done nothing wrong!!!" 

"Not what I heard." You spoke back as you walked over to him

He panicked and started to run again
"SOMEONE HELP_"

But suddenly, you threw the knife right at him which stabbed right into his skull, silencing him instantly.
His body falls flat down with blood oozing out of his head, and you start to walk away from him while leaving the knife in his head. it wasn't your knife anyway, so it was important to you.

You slowly walk back inside and see Akame wiping away the blood on her sword on the floor, and sheathing it.
"Mission complete."

"Yeah, now let's go." You said and then without another word, you both ran out of the building into the night.

[Later on]

Both you and Akame were returning back to the hideout through a forest you've passed through from many times. It was Almost past midnight now and you both were being cautious if anyone was following you.
...and it was just you and her.

...with no one else with you.

...all alone.

'.....Noooo oh nonono.' You thought to yourself
'...But It's just us now with no one else around....but yet again how can I know if she feels the same way?'

"(Y/N)?" Akame calls out

"Y-Yeah?" You said

"Are you okay? You're kind of quiet." She said

"... I'm Kind of quiet?" 

"...Oh uh....I meant you're being More quiet than usual." Akame corrected herself

"... I'm just... Well..." You tried to think of some kind of excuse
"... Hey, Akame." 

"Hm?"

"Let's go...this way." You gently grabbed her hand started to walk into another direction with her.

"Why?" She asked confused as to why you suddenly decided to change directions

"This way is a short cut." You explained and kept walking

So, you started to walk through the woods toward this so-called 'short cut' of yours.
Akame was also a little confused because of you suddenly acting this way. You kept walking while still holding Akames hand.

And She was blushing a little bit, seeing how you were holding her hand. She wasn't really against it, but it was really flustering for her. Specially for a Boy/Girl she isn't sure if she has feelings for yet.