Jasper sensed her shiver. "He won't hurt you. Not with me here" he sternly told her. His brother was known for his wrath. He knew if he lost himself to anger, he was disastrous. They had never dreamed of hurting their wife except on the bed.

He kissed her forehead. Jasper knew it was best to let this problem be solved by Elias. He was a brute, and his simple crude methods got things done. His fury acted as a catalyst.

Iris was jet-lagged from the travel, so she fell asleep immediately when her body contacted the soft mattress. She let out a content sigh, sleeping in her clothes without changing. Jasper changed and entered the room to find her already asleep. Since she was already wearing sweats, it was not uncomfortable to sleep in, so he decided not to change her clothes.

He spooned her, placing a kiss on her nape he felt in slumber.

Iris woke, stretching her arms, and did not see Jasper around. It was the first none of the brothers were present besides her. "Good morning to me," she mumbled, yawning. She looked at the side clock. It was around 8 am.

The warm shower was enough to wake her up

The warm shower was enough to wake her up. She changed into some comfy clothes and no makeup. She still felt a little out of space with the sudden change of time zone. But it felt good to be back here.

She walked towards the living area to see Jasper was already working on his laptop, sipping his bitter black coffee. How could he even drink it? She shivered, thinking about the taste.

He looked like a regular person in his simple white shit and sage-colored joggers, like a typical white-collared man working from home. Seeing him work so interesting, she somehow got attracted to his raven eyes, sharp jaw, and focused mindset. His ebony hair brushed messily apart as he pushed back his glasses.

Jasper felt eyes on him as he turned to see her. "Did you have a good sleep?" he asked, looking at her as she nodded. "Have some breakfast. I will join you once I complete this email," he said, turning back to his laptop.

Iris brushed her thoughts away. How could she be attracted to her captors?

"Welcome back, Iris," Peggy smiled, handing her a glass of chamomile tea. "Thank you," she beamed in response. Her dimples showed. She liked the lady. "Did Elias not return," she probed. "Master did not return," Peggy answered.

He must be exhausted with all the jet lag and lack of sleep. Plus don't know how much work he did last night. Iris played with the food. She worried about him, unknowingly.

"Good morning," he placed a kiss on her forehead. "Eat more," he urged. Peggy bowed at his presence and swiftly left. He grabbed a sandwich and munched. "I will be in the office, sweetheart. You can find me there if you need anything," he got up went to work. It must have to be a big problem, Iris thought to herself. They never wanted to leave her, and now they are so busy.