Chapter10: Liked Her

Lauren's POV

I was a little sad that Camila did not show up at the flower shop earlier. She did surprise me by showing up on the train anyway. I did not know how it happened, but I guessed Camila went to the flower shop before we met. Mrs. Kidman must have told her where I was heading, and she bought a flower before she left the shop. From her body language, I could tell that she seldom took the train or did not like to take the train. She seemed awkward and lost.

She unexpectedly showed up in front of me, I did not know what to do or say. I did not want to look at her. I admitted that I was unhappy that she left me hanging last week. I did not know why I was mad at her. The passengers who sat in front of us were looking at us, especially the lady in yellow. She might think that we were a couple who fought.

I was confused about my feeling and admitted that I was mad at her. I should not feel that way, should I? I felt like I was attached to her. I was that person who hardly could attach to people even my parents, family, or Keana. It made me even more confused when she was someone I just met and barely knew and talked to. We only met once, but she had occupied my mind more than anyone ever did.

She talked to me so gentle that I could not keep my guard up any longer. I could not stay mad at her. I appreciated her efforts and could not resist her anyway. I gave in. I looked at her and finally took the rose she brought for me. She asked me if we could grab something to eat. I wanted to reject her because I was not ready to spend longer time with her. I could not reject her when she said please, and her brown eyes looked so genuine that she wanted to hang out with me. I agreed. It was not a date just two people met and decided to grab something to eat. Right?

When came to food, I always wanted to make sure everyone would enjoy it including myself. I did not know who she was: what she loved to eat if she got any food she could not eat or disliked, and what kind of places she loved to go for meals. I probably thought too much. I stopped myself from overthinking, and I suggested an Italian restaurant that I usually went to. It seemed that she did not care so much about where we were going to eat. She also asked me if I was fine with the restaurant. It showed that she was not a self-centered kind of person.

We arrived at the restaurant. Only a few customers were there as it was not a busy time yet. The waiter led us to the table, but she stopped him and chose where she wanted to sit. She was a commanding person from they was she walked into the restaurant and chose what she wanted. She helped me with the coat and pulled the chair for me to sit. It was a gentlewoman's gestures. Although I enjoyed it as not so many people would do such things nowadays, I should not let my guard down.

I liked her. She liked me as well as she said. However, I did not know her yet. I did not know what she wanted, what her intention was If she was genuine to get to know me or just trying to get into my pants. I still doubted that such a gorgeous and elegant woman wanted to date me for real. She was also such a commanding person and mysterious. I could not tell exactly what she really wanted. It scared me, but it attracted me as well. I was certain she knew she was alluring.

When I said I wanted a whole pizza for myself, she said nothing but looked at me. I did not know what she thought. She might think I was selfish. It was not that I did not want to share with her. I just love pizza too much to share with others. I would rather buy them a whole other pizza instead of sharing it with them. I just wanted my own pizza. It might be embarrassing, but I was being honest. The worst thing that could happen was that she did not want to see me again.

It turned out she did not mind. She explained and let me have what I wanted. She encouraged me to have what I wanted. She even wanted to give me hers. It was no wonder that she had a good body and got a flat belly because she seem to pay attention to what she ate. I was also certain she exercised regularly as well. I paid attention too, but differently as I loved to eat and ate whatever made me happy.