Chapter 07: She Came, Again

Narrator's POV

Lauren was serving the customer when another customer walked in, it was Camila. She was in black except for her red winter scarf. She had a beanie and sunglasses on. She was greeted by Mrs. Kidman cheerfully, "Hello, good morning!"

Camila smiled with her cool smile. She looked at Lauren whose back was facing her and talking to a customer. Mrs. Kidman saw it and she went to Lauren. "Lauren, I'll help Mrs. Freeman. There's another guest for you." Mrs. Kidman said. She gave Lauren a knowing look, "the one who was looking for you."

Lauren looked at the way where Camila was. She was surprised to see Camila, "Okay. She?" She asked Mrs. Kidman.

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll go there." Lauren walked to the counter as Camila was standing there with a rose she had just taken.

Lauren awkwardly smiled, "Hi!"

Camila did not greet Lauren back. She just nodded and gave Lauren her subtle smile. Camila took out her wallet.

"Six dollars," Lauren said and she looked at Camila's eyes but not for long. She was too shy to look into someone's eyes for long. 

"Keep the change," Camila said.

"Thank you!" Lauren said. She wanted to ask Camila why she was looking for her but she could not bring herself to ask Camila. She was too shy and too scared to ask. She thought too much.

Camila took off her sunglasses and she looked at the green eyes before she handed the rose to Lauren.

"..." Lauren was speechless. She looked at the rose and then looked back at Camila.

"It's for you."

"..." she did not know what to say.

"You don't like a rose?" Camila asked.

"Uh, no. I mean I like a rose."Lauren said. She still did not take the flower.

Camila frowned, "you don't like a red rose?"

"No... yes," Lauren was stuttered, "I l-like a red rose."

"It's for you," Camila said again.

"..." Lauren looked at Camila again before she took the rose from Camila hesitantly, "thank you!" She did not dare to look at Camila. She was battling inside her to ask Camila or not. She wanted to ask her if she was looking for her. If she was the one who sent the pizza and why she gave her rose.

Since Lauren did not look at her or speak anything further, Camila said no words further as well. "Okay, bye!" Camila turned to leave.

Lauren finally managed to get herself together and stopped Camila, "Wait!" Camila turned around and looked at Lauren, "Thank you..."

Camila's right eyebrow raised, "you have thanked me."

"...I mean... for last week, too." Lauren was still a bit stuttering, "Mrs. Kidman told me that you came last week."

Camila walked closer to the counter, "Yes." Her eyes did not leave Lauren's.

"And the... pizza?" Lauren was not sure it was Camila, but she wanted to know. If she was the one who looked for her then there was a chance that she sent the pizza as well. Lauren could not think of anybody else as there was no one.