A Strange Day. Part 2

::Taehyung::

I received a strange, unexpected call from Dad. And this is one of the few calls he has given me, so far. Something in between favor and order. It's not likely for me to refuse. But...

"Taehyung, son" he said.

"This could be a little too sudden. But I want you to do something for me. And regarding the company, I already assigned someone to take over your place."

The first few sentence... leave me speechless. I wasn't able to mutter a single word. Instead, I listen, earnestly.

"You'll be having a vacation."

Vacation? I was in deep thought. Why would I need a vacation? Did I do something wrong?

"A short vacation." My thoughts were immediately cut. It's as if he has read my mind. "What do you mean, dad?" I told him in confusion.

"You'll be looking after someone. A very important person." As he tries to feed me the situation, I'm starting to get to the point.

"His family's been our company friend since ages ago. You have to meet him now and make yourself known. He'll be an important asset to the company. You have to literally win his heart." Dad explained.

So that's about it. It is indeed an important matter.

"Okay Dad. But... where can I find this person?" I asked.

"Yeah, about that." Dad pause for a second.

"I am asking you this because I know you can do it. He's living in an island. A privately owned reclaimed island. It says that the security is very high. You can't even locate the island on google maps."

What? Is that how important this person is? I thought. I never knew Korea has that kind of place.

"If that's the case, how can I go there?" I asked again.

"That's why I am telling you. I did a reservation on a hotel near that island. Don't worry, that island is accessible by means of bridge, so you can drive from the hotel up to your destination. From there on, it's on you."

Okay. So in all honesty, I don't know what to say. Does dad want me to sneak in there? High security he says. It is going to be safe to go there on my own? Can't we just contact this person? I am filled with so many thoughts. But the fact that Dad trusts me this much, I think I have to do this. I can't let him down. What's important to the company is important to Dad. And what's important to Dad is important to me as well.

"Okay dad. I'll do it." I said.

"Alright, I'll send you the address of the hotel" he answered.

If this matter cost me my position to the company, it all means that this is an important thing for me to do. Okay, I'd better go.

I changed ways and immediately return to my pad. I changed my outfit to a more formal-looking one. And then packed my things up necessary for my journey. I checked my phone, to see that dad has sent me the address of the hotel, and the name of the person I must meet. "So this means that the island is around this area" I thought as I read the message. "Jeon Jungkook, huh." Wonder what he is like. Okay, guess it's time for me to go.

~~~

As I drive along, I make sure to constantly check the GPS of my car to see where I am. I'm not lost. I'm taking the right direction. I'm driving for one and a half hour straight. How long is this ride going to take me? There's nothing much to see along the way. I can even barely see the sea. Since I'll be going near an island, I should be seeing the sea by now, right? At least that's what I thought.