There's Something About Him

Y/n spent his weekend in his home with Sans. They played video games at one point, the next they'd play a board game, read, train, or just chill.

This was one of those moments, they were laying on the bed, Sans laid on Y/n's stomach as Y/n laid on his back, they both had their eyes closed, enjoying some vibe-worthy music. (Above)

"Hey Y/n...?" Sans asked.

"Yeah?" Y/n answered.

"When will you be able to be social again?" Sans questioned.

Y/n let out a deep sigh, he turned the music down a little, and looked up at the ceiling, closing his eyes once more.

"No time soon..." Y/n replied.

Sans stayed silent, thinking of his next words intently.

"Well...if it helps...I'm 100% sure that you can trust Erza...she's been by your side forever now...It wouldn't hurt to give her a chance." Sans said.

"Give her a chance? I'd rather not. You must've forgotten that that gaggle of fools broke into my house, and—

"They supported you during your fight with Moromi right?" Sans asked.

Y/n froze.

"Yes..." Y/n mumbled. "But Lucy she—!"

"Lucy is only one person! Have you ever stopped to think that maybe...just maybe...after all of these years, you won't find people like Moromi and Maranda...not in Fairy Tail. Everyone there loves each other, cares about each other, they all are there for you...though you aren't even there to see that. You're stuck in your own world...looking down in the past, when you should be looking up at your future." Sans said.

Those words hit Y/n hard...he sat up slightly, and looked at Sans.

"Woah...when in the hell did you get wise, Sans?" Y/n asked.

"Eh...spending time with Mira and watching inspirational talk shows with her has made me a changed cat." Sans said.

Y/n nodded slowly, not wanting to think about Mira forcing Sans to watch talk shows with her.

"Anyways, will you consider giving those at Fairy Tail a chance to be your family? Everyone there is family, and they're waiting for you to accept them as family, because they accepted you the moment you first walked through their guild doors." Sans said.

Y/n looked thoughtfully at his floor, and then back at Sans.

"I can...I can try."
__________________________________

The next day, after Sans' encouraging words, Y/n got his ass up and walked down to the guildhall, going to apologize to Erza, thank her, and well...get along with the guild members.

Y/n walked into the guildhall, and spotted Erza in front of him as if he summoned her.

"Y/n just give me a chance to expl-

"Thank you...Erza...and I'm sorry...for treating you like I did yesterday." Y/n cut her off.

Erza was taken aback by the sudden gratitude and apology, what the hell happened to Y/n in the timespan of today and yesterday?!

"What-? No you don't have to apologize-!" Erza said, but Y/n placed his finger up to her lips.

"No...I did. You were trying to help, and I pushed you away harshly. It's time that I try to heal...instead of lather in my past, and push others away from me because of it. For now...you all...have my trust...." Y/n spoke, and by the end of his statement he was speaking to the entire guild.

It was as if a miracle had happened. Y/n L/n, the lone wolf, the quiet socially-distant boy that the entire guild loved with all of their hearts, was finally accepting them as family.

"We love you Y/n!" They all exclaimed.

They went in to hug him but he used his magic to creat a bubble surrounding him and Erza, as he felt it would've been rude to leave her out.

"No...no hugs...no touching...not yet." Y/n said.

The guild members groaned as they fell to the ground, and Y/n made his bubble disappear.

"This is great Y/n...! I'm so glad that you've decided to trust us!" Erza said with a small smile.

"Thank Sans. He really got through to me...also thank Mira, if it weren't for her watching inspirational talk shows, Sans wouldn't have been able to talk me into this..." Y/n said.

Erza hummed thoughtfully, until she remembered what occurred yesterday after Y/n left. Lucy was supposed to apologize to Y/n as soon as she laid eyes on him, and Lucy did arrive at the guild, so she was sure that she saw Y/n.

"One moment, Y/n." Erza said.

Y/n spent his time trying his best to hold a conversation with his guild mates, Erza ducked and dodged guild members and grabbed Lucy's forearm.

"I hope you haven't forgotten your order, Lucy." Erza said menacingly.

Lucy flinched as she shook in fear.

"N-no! Of course not!" Lucy said.

"As a matter of fact I'm going over to him right now!" Lucy added as she quickly made her way over to Y/n.

The guild had then went silent, Lucy stared up at Y/n, and he returned the gaze. The air had grew tense, and each mage was ready to hold Y/n back in case he were to attack.

"Y/n...I....I'm sorry...I'm sorry for how I acted towards you. It was wrong of me, and I should've taken no for an answer. I really hope you can forgive me, and I really hope you can give me a chance to restart with yo-!" Lucy said, but stopped when Y/n grabbed her and hugged her.

"Lucy...there's one thing Sans told me, and that was that you are nothing like Maranda. I see why he said that...Maranda never apologized...but you...you did. So, I'll give you a chance to restart...I'll trust you...please...don't let me down, okay?" Y/n asked.

Lucy relaxed into his arms and hugged him back.

"I won't."

Erza smiled at the sight, finally, Y/n was taking his first step towards healing.

She just didn't like that out of all people he hugged Lucy instead of her. It slightly made her jealous.

But why?

Maybe there was just something about him.