"Is the rumour that you spread about Carly true?" Asher asks me and I simply shrug.

"That's for me to know," I tell him and a visibly furious expression takes over his face. I'm not afraid of Asher. There is no one I'm afraid of present here. The only person that gives me a sense that something will go wrong is me, myself because I don't know how far I'm willing to go to get what I want. Miscalculations are a terrible part of it all, but an equally important part of a plan is a risk.

A person needs to take a perfect amount of risk for anything. There's a thin line between taking risks and being reckless as a whole. I'm standing on it at this moment and my sole reason for doing this is because it's fun and it will probably make things even more interesting. If things go out of hand, this would be good for everyone.

"If this video gets out," Asher leans forward to whisper to me. Nate has now closed his phone and is watching us both with amusement. "Then you're done for. The teachers will know about it and you may as well be expelled because of it. You knew that, didn't you? And yet, you choose to go ahead and give me, out of all the people, this clip. Why would you do that?"

I roll my eyes. "Run your brain. Looks like it's become a little rusty now that you haven't been using it much."

At that moment, Nate gets up from his place and slowly strolls towards us, sitting on the table next to Asher's. His school uniform is a mess - with his shirt half tucked in and half out, rolled up sleeves and top button open. It would be a lie if I'd say that he isn't attractive and he's probably the kind of person I'd have a crush on him if I didn't know about his personality.

"She means that she already knew that he won't go around uploading the video on the forums for everyone to see it," Nate says, his voice having a calm but playful tone. "Did I get it right?"

Asher looks at me as if asking for confirmation and I sigh, before shaking my head and smiling again. "Come on, Asher. I thought you were smarter than this. I obviously know that you're going to keep the clip till you either figure out everything about the scandal and know whether this is going to backfire on you or not. So let me tell this to you, Asher," I take a step away from him, my expression never dropping, "if this clip gets leaked for everyone to see, there's no easy way out for me. That being said..."

My eyes flick between the two of them again and I take another step away.

"...if this clip gets out, I'm done for. There are chances of me getting expelled because of this." To put it simply, this is one of the genuine ways that can get me out of this school. I know it's a dangerous move but it's also an assurance. If I ever go far with everything, I count on him to use it against me. Even my mother would agree to get me out of this school if that happens. I know that if he or any of his friends are threatened by me, he'd do anything to get me out of this place and that can only happen if I ever go that far.

"I don't trust you for not having anything up your sleeves," Asher simply replies.

"I know you don't and I don't care about that." I reach for the doorknob and open it but before I exit the room, I decide to ask him one last question. "How many people have seen this? Tell me honestly."

Asher and Nate exchange looks before Asher answers my question. "Me, Nate, Summer, Lily, Mason, Ella..."

"And Penny," Nate adds.

I sigh. Just as I'd guessed, the whole inner circle of Asher's friends knew about the rumour I spread. Somehow, I don't feel threatened by the risk of it being exposed by any of them. Asher told them that because he trusted them with it and knew that they wouldn't go around spreading things that aren't theirs to spread. I am pretty sure that none of them really understand how Asher's mind works. Even Nate doesn't, but I think I partially do.

I know a lot about him even though he doesn't know much about me.

It's unfair, but that's just the way it works.

If playing unfair is what that will get me revenge, then I'm willing to do it.

Author's Note

yeah i'm sorry for the short chapter lol pls vote and comment besties and let me know what you think about this chapter sdjhjfdsjk have a great day/night!