08. Heading To Elenoir

Anyway, after Arthur had granted our request - otherwise, our application - Arthur left us alone as he headed back to the carriage to see if there was anything useful to take with him on this highly unexpected journey.

I again remembered that I also had my luggage which I left in the tree where I slept last night.

Wait...

White egg!

The white egg that I covered again with the small bag I left near my backpack. Should be safe, right? Recalling the novel when Arthur drove Tessia home, they had safely arrived at their destination. There were only a few times when forest hounds were nearly intrusive only to be frightened by Arthur by his killing intent and Mana blade. There are no more scenes where they meet other people especially the slave traders.

So that white egg should be safe, right? Since I put it in a small crevice in a fairly large tree branch, no one should have noticed that there was an egg that was supposed to be born of a very powerful guardian being inside, right? I hope so.

After Arthur returns, later I will go for a while to retrieve my luggage. Or if it's in the same direction I don't need to do it.

I remember the distance from the location of the tree where my bag was located not too far from where I almost got caught by the slave trader. If I had to estimate, it was probably less than 300 feet because I remember that the witch cast a spell on me to make me fall.

The problem is that I don't know how far my current place is from where I was unconscious when facing the magician slave trader. Because Arthur was the one who brought the unconscious me.

"Um..."

I turned quickly. Removing myself from my thoughts and paying my attention to the girl beside me.

Tessia, looks at me doubtfully. She sat on a rock and played with the butterfly awkwardly. She's so cute. Does she hesitate to communicate with me? Hm, no wonder considering the people who approach him are only nobles who are trying to take advantage of the only Princess of the kingdom for their own benefit under the guise of being a friend.

I giggled a little mentally then fell silent to remember how to communicate to other people especially to a little girl who is not more than 5 or 6 years old. It's worth remembering that the last few months I've spent some of my time alone, at most I've only seen Aya. In my two previous lives I also didn't have the experience to communicate with small children.

Clearing my throat awkwardly, I started a conversation. "H-hello." Greet me first, a bit shy. Damn, it can't be that just because I was repeating my toddlerhood, my mentality also turned into a child, right? I hope not.

Although it's actually a bit awkward and weird to start a conversation but whatever.

Tessia looked at me completely. "Em, hello. N-my name is Tessia. Tessia Eralith. What's your name?"

"Ana Grephin. You can call me Ana." I replied with a small smile at him.

It seems that after I gave her a small smile, Tessia relaxed a bit.

Before I could speak again, someone's voice interrupted me.

"Let's go now."

________________________________________________________________________________

Arthur Leywin POV

After I gathered some necessities that I could find near and in the horse carriage the slave traders brought, I freed the forest hounds first before I returned to the two elven girls. I realized that, while they could pull a horse-drawn carriage, they could not be ridden.