03. My Little Sister

Aya Grephin POV :

Finally after about 2 months had passed, I was able to return to my house and be able to meet my sister. Lately my training for the Lance title has really kept me busy. There were many things I had to do after I chose to walk the path to becoming a Lance. After being selected as one of the promising candidates by the royal family, I had to do some training and missions to determine whether or not I was worthy to become a Lance. My days are really busy, making me have to leave my sister at home alone.

I can't bring her to Zestier. Or rather I don't want to.

Even though she would be alone if she stayed here, I think it's much better than being there and being with the noble children who are mostly arrogant kids. I don't want her to be humiliated or anything. I mean, even if she came with me to Zestier, I'd still see her less often.

Channeling Mana into my legs and using wind spells to make my body lighter and faster as I headed back to my house. I also let out a bit of my killing intent to prevent monsters like Hounds or tree golems from getting in my way.

The reason why I'm not worried about leaving my little sister home alone even though in the Elshire Forest there are some low level monsters hanging around is that I left some protective artifacts surrounding the house to keep my sister safe even though I know that low level monsters like Hounds won't come near the house. .

The mists that were in the Elshire Forest to disturb the senses of anyone in it didn't hinder me at all. After all the Elves were the only race that could freely navigate the Elshire Forest.

Stopping, looking ahead, I could see a 2-story jade-covered house entwined by huge trees of unnatural height. I can also see a small sidewalk in front of the house which has many beautiful flowers around it. Ana really likes colorful flowers.

Stop channeling Mana at my feet and releasing my wind spell, I walked normally slowly towards my house.

Arriving at the door, I chose to directly open the door without knocking. Well, it's still early, I don't think that Ana is awake.

*click* (door opens). I pushed the door slowly.

"Ouch, it hurts."

My eyes widened when I heard the girl's voice. Gosh, I made my sister fall!

However, I still maintain my calm demeanor when facing her.

Crouching in front of my sister who was rubbing her forehead against the door, I reached out to help her up.

"Oh my, my sister, are you all right?" I said. I felt that a faint smile was etched on my face when I finally got to see her again after more than 2 months had passed.

She wore a traditional green and white Elf dress with her long black hair in a perfect braid, tied with a white ribbon. My independent sister, how can she be so cute!

She lifted her face to look at me curiously. Oh my, there's no way she forgot me? But I also really had left her for 2 months! I once read in a book that if children around that age are left behind long enough by someone, they can forget that person's face!

Still staring at my sister nervously until I finally came to my senses when she jumped on me and hugged me.

"Sister!"

Removing myself from my thoughts, I feel very relieved now. Huh, gosh. How happy I am when she doesn't forget me and she even hugs me!

Replying to her hug hesitantly, I lightly patted her small back.

"I'm sorry, little sister. Have you been okay all this time?"

Aya you fool, how can you ask such nonsense! She clearly —