Vol.1. Chapter 9.1 : Welcome to the Classroom of the Elite

Start from the beginning

Class C (B): 650 cp

Class D (C): 490 cp

"Damn... Class A still managed to save up that many points despite not knowing much about the S-System..." I heard Ike murmur.

"That's insane!" Satou exclaimed.

"I guess they aren't Class A for nothing..." Horikita muttered to herself.

While we were obviously pleased with our scores, we were astounded by Class A's astronomically high number of class points.

"You were all judged according to the same set of criteria. I suppose this serves as a nice reminder of how each of you differs from Class A. Of course, none of you can now be classified as defective." Chabashira-sensei smiled at first, but then her face became solemn.

"However," she remarked, pointing at our score, "let me remind you... Right here is what you might call a fluke."

Many of the students in Class B hardened as a result.

(NO, NOT THAT KIND OF HARDENED OK?)

"Ayanokouji is the sole reason why you're all even here. If it weren't for him, you might as well be in the low hundreds. Remember, you were all grouped together in this class because the school deemed your flaws unworthy of higher classes." Chabashira-sensei clarified the situation.

This is why I chose not to share the results of my entrance exam with the rest of the class. Horikita and Yukimura's findings were diametrically opposed to the thesis they support. Finally, Sensei made it clear that our selection was not only dependent on our admission exam scores.

"Before I begin to announce your exam results," Chabashira-Sensei said, taking out her phone and holding it up for us to see. "I'm going to need all of you to do something ahead of time. Something very important for the rest of your life here at school." She explained.

"Take out your phones and place them on your desks, everyone. You'll have to go back to your room and get it if you didn't bring it with you, although I doubt anyone forgot." She instructed.

Cellular phones have become a major necessity in today's society. You could even argue that it was the most crucial thing to have with you at all times.

Before long, 40 phones had been placed on the desks. After quickly checking to make sure nobody had forgotten theirs, Chabashira continued speaking.

"So, the first thing you all need to do is navigate to the school's homepage and install a new application. It should be available to download any second now. The official name of the app is 'Over All Ability', but once it's finished installing it'll show up as just 'OAA' on your phone."

The blackboard switched over to a different screen, where captioned live-action video demonstration began to play on the chalkboard. You could say that this was one of the many benefits that new technology has provided us.

After successfully installing the app and following the video's instructions, an icon of what looked to be an illustration of the school along with the letters 'OAA' appeared on my phone's home screen.

"After you've finished installing the app, put your phones down. Raise your hand if there's something you still don't understand."

The method of installation was really simple. Everything went off without a hitch because everyone here was used to utilizing their cellphones.

"You're not the only ones who are doing this right now. Every pupil in the school is currently installing it with you. This software will be a very important tool for you at Advanced Nurturing High School from now on. As they say, seeing is believing, so go ahead and start it up."