Chapter 1 - New friends and enemies

*TW* Arguing and fighting

First person pov

I hear a loud blaring noise screaming into my ear from the side of me, ugh, my alarm. Seriously, those things suck. Like who invented them?

I complain so much nowadays. Since I moved from my old house from Australia to America, I've been whining and begging my mum to go back and see my old friends, but she will never let me go back. My mum and I had to move because she got a new job at a fancy finance company and she thought that it would be better to move to support us financially.

My dad on the other hand was an asshole, I never got to see him nowadays because he and my mum would argue back and forth and he would never come to see me at all. That was another reason we moved. To get away from him.

Anyways, back to my very uneventful teenage life.

I started getting out of bed and I turned my head to check the time. IT WAS 7:15am!
Sh*t. I was already late for my first day of a new American school. New people, new environment, new country, new rules, new EVERYTHING. I didn't know what I was going to wear, I hadn't had breakfast, brushed my teeth or done anything like that yet.

Just at that thought, I heard a yell from the other room. "Y/n! Get up and out of bed! You're going to be late for school and you haven't gotten ready yet!" Like I didn't know mum, thanks 🙄.

(We stan sarcastic y/n)

"I know, coming mum!" That's when I got out of bed, had a shower, done my makeup, got dressed, did my hair, got my materials ready and rushed downstairs.

This is what you wear:

By the time I had done all of this, it was 8:20am

By the time I had done all of this, it was 8:20am. Let me remind you that my school starts at 8:45 and my bus came at 8:30 near my house. I had ten minutes to eat breakfast and navigate myself onto my bus and get to school.

So I went straight out of my bedroom and into the kitchen in which I found my frustrated mother making a coffee for herself and talking passive-aggressively to herself. She does it so often these days.

"Y/n L/n! What on EARTH took you so long that you have ten minutes to be out and at the bus stop!" I stood there for a second, hoping that she would forgive me for what I've done.

Thankfully, she sighed it off and I rushed to make my breakfast and east it as quick as I could. I hated conflict, especially with my mum. It always made me feel guilty about myself.
I then grabbed my food and went out the door, not saying a word to my mother. As I was slightly mad at her for yelling at me.