Challenges have limits

6:46PM

Y/N POV

I wake up in my bed with Silco, I probably fell asleep when I was on his lap, kinda embarrassed. "Do you feel better?" He asked still with a worried look on his face, "kind of I guess" He sighed when I replied back. "I can't leave you alone even if I have work." "You go, I can take care of myself" "Fine, just don't do anything stupid." Silco kissed my forehead and left my hideout. I lied, I wasnt feeling any better and felt worse. I got up and checked my drawers for coins so I can buy medicine, I didn't have any. Although I did hear that there are some stuff you can do for coins, dangerous ones though like pouring 5 buckets of shimmer all over yourself, running around the undercity while guys with daggers hunt you down for a few minutes and many more. The 5 buckets of shimmer don't seem bad and I needed coins very badly so I decided to show up to the place they were holding the event. I showed up pretty early so I sat down on the floor with my back facing the wall, I had nothing to do it was boring as fuck, though a fight was happening so I just watched from a far. They were throwing punches, kicks and I notice the person looks familiar, it was Sevika. She beat a man up with no hesitation I was impressed, wonder what that man did to her. "Heyy Y/N" She noticed me and waved at me and I waved back with a smile, She came and sat next to me. "What are you doing here? Doesn't Silco pay you?" I asked and she laughed, "Silco never pays me, I just work for him thats all." "Damn, youre so loyal." I was very impressed she works for Silco and doesn't even get paid a single dime, "I'm gonna get going now sugar, see ya." She got up and walked away. "Oi oi oi! Event is starting now please gather round and get your tags!" A person said and I quickly got up and got a tag, my tag number was 1 so I guess I was going first. After a while of preparing they called out my number and gave me a glowing blue stick, I was confused so I asked "Wheres the 5 buckets of shimmer?" "Huh? Oh you talking about the other event on the other side of the undercity?" My heart dropped, I was going to get hunted down. "Heres what youre gonna do, you take the blue stick to the otherside of the undercity, there will be a bell there and you will ring it meaning you got to the otherside already and you wont get hunted down. You win 1000 coins for it." "Fine I guess, how many people will hunt me down?" "5." Shit I guess this is my fate to die. I warmed up and got ready to run, a person with piercings were counting down. "1. 2. 3. RUN!" I started running for my life holding onto the blue stick tightly not letting go, I can hear footsteps behind me. Infront of me I see sleeping gas get released, I cover my nose and pass by the smoke, 2 hunters fell for the sleeping gas and passed out. Knives were being thrown and dodge it, but I feel a sharp pain from my abdomen and see a knife deep inside my abdomen but I keep going. I can feel myself bleeding out and i feel another sharp pain on my shoulder, it was another knife and blood was squirting out but I see the bell and ring it. I won but everything starts turning black.

SILCO POV

7:12PM

I still worry about Y/N, hopefully they get better. I continue signing some documents and Sevika barges in my office. "What did I tell you about-" "its about Y/N, they're seriously injured." I immediately get up from my seat and follow Sevika. We arrive to an event place where a doctor was trying to save Y/N. I hold them in my arms "Y/N? What happened? Please wake up." I say worrying while I caress their face, "They were waiting for some event before I went to get a drink." "The hunting event? Dont they know these type of events are a scam?" I was so worried that I didnt care about my work, just Y/N. I saw their eyes opening up "Y/N! You're gonna be fine please bare with me." I heard them mumble, I didnt quite hear but all i heard was the word coins. "Why did you come here?" "I didnt have coins for medicine.. ack" "Why didnt you tell me?" I checked their temperature and they were piping hot. "You said you were feeling better." "Im sorry, I lied." They looked away in guilt as they said that. I felt hurt. Did they not trust me? I grabbed their hand and kissed it. "We'll talk about it later, your health is my first priority right now." "This hurts a lot Silco." "I know, you'll get through it."

After a while Y/N was transported to a care center somewhere in Piltover, theyre lucky they got accepted. I feel a tap on my shoulder "They'll get through it don't worry." "I think of that too."