The Hellfire Club

March 21st 1986

     She laid silently in her bed as the morning light shined through her bedroom window, but what matter was it to her? It was nothing but another day. Just another day. She didn't find meaning to the days anymore, it was all useless, she felt useless. All her friends were joining in their own activities, and the people she loved were all gone. They were gone, and she felt nothing but guilt. Not only because she couldn't save them, but because of all she had done before that to hurt her, to hurt Max. And to know that Max was hurting far before she even laid eyes on her broke the brunette girl even more. All she wanted was to be noticed, to be loved, but she couldn't even get that, and El could do nothing but shame herself for letting it get that way.

The brunette looked over to her bedside table where her alarm clock sat, acknowledging that she was supposed to be up and ready 20 minutes ago, but she couldn't give a flying shit, because as said before, it was just another day.

"El?" She heard followed by knocking at her door. The door opened a crack allowing Will to poke his head in, all to find El still in bed. "El! Why aren't you up yet!? We're leaving in a few minutes!" El inhaled deeply, sitting up in her bed. "Come on before we're late!" El didn't respond and looked up at Will making the boy sigh and shake his head, leaving the room and closing the door behind himself.

El sighed again just as her brother did and threw the covers off her body getting up and out of the bed. She stretched out and approached the open window, looking out into the distance, not a thought to read behind those brown eyes of hers. She glared at the bright outdoors and harshly shut the blinds looking down at the project sitting on her desk, piling on guilt as she stared at the two little figures sitting in the old shoe box.

She couldn't bare to keep looking at them and turned the shoe box away from her then went on to dress herself, ready to start another day. It was just another day.

-

Across town sat an old trailer park, didn't have the best quality for living, but it was affordable. In one of the homes stood a young girl with bright red hair, tied back halfway in a pony tail, the rest of it resting over her shoulders. She finished making lunch for her and her sister along with an extra, packing the food into brown paper sacks, adjusting her glasses after doing so.

"Eli!" She called. No answer. "Eli!" She called once more but nothing. She sighed and made her way to the back of the trailer. She opened the door to her left finding her sister in their shared room sound asleep. "Eli." She said. Still nothing. She walked up to the bed to find her sister throwing her head from side to side while mumbling in her sleep, covered in sweat. She was having nightmare.

Dani grabbed her sisters shoulders starting to shake her awake. "Eli...Eli!" The other girl gasped, sitting up quickly. She looked around frantically then up at her sister.

"Woah, easy. It's just me." She said gently. The taller girl sighed digging her fingers into her recently cut hair that reached just past her jaw. "Was it the same one again?" Her sister asked taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Umm...yeah. Yeah it was." She hesitated.

"Have you told Ms. Kelley about it at all?"

"I, no...no I didn't." Dani sighed and opened her mouth to speak. "B-But, I'll. I'll try. I'll try today...I promise." She said in a hushed voice, looking up at her sister and smiling weakly. Dani inhaled deeply knowing her sister wouldn't do so but knew pressure wouldn't help so in return she smiled back.

"I made breakfast, hurry up before it gets cold." She said rubbing the top of her sisters head standing up to leave after. "I put some clothes out for you."