Mall Rats

Everything was quiet, the old steelworks warehouse sat empty and undisturbed until a redheaded girl came running up the stairs screaming with tears streaming out of her eyes, she tripped on the last step and fell to the floor. She looked back at the steps hearing something growl, she didn't waste any time and got back up on her feet running out the building. The girl got outside and grabbed her bike off a bush and hopped on riding off down the road looking for help. She didn't get far before she made it to a phone box, she jumped off the bike and ran in closing the door behind her and picked up the phone immediately dialing 911. As it rung moments from earlier before flashed before her eyes. Her being dragged down the steps and held down on the floor as a large tentacle got placed over her mouth painfully injecting something in her body. Not only was it scary but it was only bringing back more bad memories,

     The thoughts made her feel dizzy as her breathing picked up, she felt sick to her stomach. Just as she was about to collapse she caught herself with her hand, she looked up at it and removed it from the glass surrounding her staring at the bloody print it left behind. She did what she could to calm down but her breath was only quickening by the second. "911 what's your emergency?" The woman on the other line said. Max let out a few staggered breaths unknown of what to say. "Miss, are you okay?" She tried to speak but she was too scared to even try. "Miss are you in danger? Do you need us to send help?" Max stared forward at her bloody hand print beginning to just about gasp for air. "Hello? Miss are you there?" The dispatchers voice came out more distorted this time, the light above Max flickered then turned off and no one was heard on the other line. The redhead stared up and dropped the phone, swallowing hard. Suddenly the place was cold, very cold, she got the shivering feeling again from earlier not knowing what to do.

     Something was heard outside, she knew that whether or whether not she stayed in the phone box something was going to happen. She opened the door and looked around, the place was darker than night and small bits of ash flew around, she recognized it all too well. She hugged herself as she began to shake and walked out of the phone box and onto the road, the light on her bike was still on but it was dim. She turned and froze looking off into the distance at what seemed to be a group of people walking up to her. "Hello?" She called, her voice echoed as red lightning struck across the dark sky. When the group was close all of them stopped but one, that one kept walking getting closer and closer to Max. She stared at them and furrowed her brows as their silhouette looked very familiar, but when they got close, close enough for Max to see their face she gasped.

[Eli POV]

     I rode up to the mall on my board and stepped off, I was hella tired, that was because I was out all night smoking and riding around the streets but that didn't help keep my mind off...things. I stopped and picked my board up and walked in, I didn't really like the place, especially with how crowded it got during the day, it's like no one has anything else to do with their lives. After shoving past a few people and ruing others public make out sessions I walked up to Scoops Ahoy and entered, the first person I saw was that one girl Steve worked with handing out ice cream, I walked up to the counter and stood there staring at her.

"Looking for someone?" She asked looking unfazed, that upset me a bit.

"Where is he?" I asked, she nodded her head over to a different part of the room, I turned and saw Steve sitting with Dustin in a booth. Without saying more to the girl I walked over and took a seat next to Steve.

"Hey man." He said taking notice to me, we clasped our hands and locked fingers then fist bumped as a hand shake.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Well why would you want to know? After the 'shit show'" Dustin said.

"It was a joke, what you can't take a joke? You gonna be a little marshmallow about it?"