Trick-Or-Treat Freak

[Third person POV]

Lucas and Dustin approached their lockers mourning over the fact that no one else but them had dressed up for halloween. The two heard the sound of something rolling down the hallway, they looked up to see a familiar redhead riding down on her skateboard with everyone's eyes on her. The boys watched her stop across the hall at her locker and begin to fiddle with the lock.

"Which one do you think she is?" Dustin asked

"Dunno, probably Max."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, she's not wearing glasses and she's not tall either soo..."

"She also looks super quiet."

"Totally..."

"Are we really about to do this?"

"Not right now, we look like morons."

"Maybe she likes ghostbusters."

"Of course she likes ghostbusters, but thats not the point. The point is, we're dressed up, and she isn't. It's likely her sisters aren't either."

"I didn't bring regular clothes. You?"

"No."

"Then we have no choice. We gotta do this. It's now or never."

"Right."

"Let's engage." As the boys picked up the courage to talk to the girl she closed her locker and walked away. "...We could ask her after class."

"Yup."

"Okay." The two boys watched her walk off down the hallway but then became startled by another voice.

"Move." Someone said, both boys turned to see another redhead standing there slightly towering them.

"W-What?" Lucas stuttered

"You're in front of my locker, get out of my way."

"Uhm, what's the magic word?" He said chuckling nervously, the girl didn't answer and grabbed the boy by his jumper and threw him to the floor, everyone passing by gasped but kept walking not wanting to be thrown to the floor too, she looked over at Dustin and flinched forward at him threateningly making him jump back.

"Scram!" He jumped again looking over to Lucas sympathetically then sped off. The redhead watched him turn down a hallway then turned to her locker and started opening the lock.

"Eli!" Another redhead said approaching.

"What? He was in my way."

"Doesn't mean you throw him to the floor." Eli shrugged and opened her locker, Dani rolled her eyes and started to help Lucas up. "I'm sorry about her." Lucas got to his feet and stood there staring at the redhead in the eyes, unable to find words. "You okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm good." Eli harshly slammed her locker closed and walked away. "Jeez."

"Yeah, she has no manners whatsoever." Dani and Lucas looked down at each other's hands to see them still linked together, they quickly let go and Dani awkwardly rubbed her hands on the side of her dress. "U-Umm, Dani." She said putting a hand out for Lucas to shake.

"Uhhh, Lucas." He took her hand and shook it with a light smile, the school bell rung bringing the two back to reality.

"Well, I have to get to class. It was nice meeting you." Lucas nodded and watched her walk down the hall.

"Oh! Uhh, you too!" He called, but Dani was already gone. "Shit." He shook his head at his stupidity and turned to continue to his class.

[Max POV]