"Goodnight Rich."

And he disappeared inside to get some rest.

Rafe felt betrayed. His own dad invited John B to go fishing with him and Ward? That used to be their thing. And now? He was excluded.

Iris could see his breathing start to become heavier, knowing he was getting frustrated over all that was mentioned. She put a calming hand on his chest and locked eyes with him, giving him a bit of release. And it worked, for a minute at least.

"Hey, hey, you're good. You're good."

"Iris, you don't understand, the way he makes me fucking feel-"

"I know, Rafe. I can see it. And it hurts me to see you this way, alright?"

Rafe looked at her with a sad expression, "I've said this before but you're the only one who cares about me. You're the only one who, who loves me."

"Rafe-"

"And it's the only thing that gets me through the day. You. I just think about you. Your smile, your laugh, your smell, the way I feel warm and fuzzy when I'm with you." Rafe closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "It just makes me feel okay. And those eyes, don't even get me started on those ocean eyes. And I think about how we talked about moving away from here, getting a cottage on the ocean somewhere else in the world. Just you, me, maybe a few kids one day."

Iris' eyes watered at his comments, "I care about you and love you with all I can give, always have, always will. If you're ever sad, just continue to keep doing what you do. Think about us. Think about me. Just think of me smiling and laughing. And telling you that I love you. I love you, Rafe. I'll always love you." She saw him release a few tears, trying to hold it all in and he pulled him tight to her, playing with his hair, "It's okay, babe, take a deep breath."

"What if I'm not okay?" He slowly said to her as she gave him a slight smile.

"Then we try to do whatever we can to make you okay."

"Okay."

"C'mon, let's go to bed." Iris pulled Rafe out of the hammock and the two went upstairs.

The rest of their night was filled with sex. Not their usual rough sex, but instead, it was slow and more passionate. She'd lost track of the amount of times Rafe's lips kissed her body.

Iris stirred in her sleep as her head rested on Rafe's chest. Rafe was still awake, his eyes were heavy, but he just couldn't fall asleep. He drew on her back gently as he tried to fall asleep, but it wasn't working. He was comfortable and definitely cozy with her snuggled up to him.

He had a lot of regret. The way she acted wasn't because she necessarily wanted to, a lot of it stemmed from him. Him not paying attention to her. That's what it all trailed back to. Yeah, maybe he was fucking crazy at times, but he knew he needed to be there for her no matter what. Would he screw it up? It was likely.

He was also fucking terrified that she might actually be pregnant. They were not exactly careful at times, or anytime, really. She was on birth control, but nothing is ever 100% preventative, and with all the drugs in her system, who knew what it did to her reproductive system.

And JJ. He was in the way right now, he was technically his target. But he couldn't let her know that, so he played coy with her. Now that he was in his head, he thought that might've been a bad idea because maybe she would hang out with them even more, yet the other half of his mind told him even if he was full out angry at her, she would still go off with them.