Chapter 28 [Baby Steps]

Start from the beginning

“Mine?” he croaked.

“Yes yours. I’ve never been with anyone except you. Who do you think it’ll be, leprechauns? Because Storme if you’re denying it’s not yours I swear I will murder you with my own hands.” I whispered, holding his face in my eyes as I threaten him. Aiden regained his emotions as I did but later, frowned.

“You’re not... getting rid of it?”

“That’s it.” pushing my chair back and leaving some few dollars note on the table, I pivoted around and left.

How dare him! How DARE? I was muttering under my breath as I exited the café with onlookers turning their heads my way while I stormed out of the doors leaving a bewildered Aiden speechless. I didn’t care, heck if he was behaving that way, asking if I would just abort the baby, then I’ll just let the world know what a piece of work their crown prince was.

Abortion?

Even if being pregnant was a stupid mistake, abortion had never crossed my mind. Never would I ever unflinchingly end a life just like that! There would be no way I was playing God. Every actions has consequences and all there is to do was to man up and accept the penalty no matter how life altering. I was no way ready for this but there was no way I was going for an abortion.

After a few seconds of stepping out of the café, I heard huffed breathing and footsteps catching up to me. I was not going to run from Aiden forever regardless of how big of a jerk he was for proposing the abortion idea. It was his baby too, as much as it was mine. And his life was definitely going to be affected by all of this later.

“Wait!” Aiden finally caught up with me panting when he did.

“Where are you going?” he questioned while trying to catch his breath.

“What took you so long?” I snapped my hands on my hip.

Befuddled, Aiden quirked his brow. “What?” I took his hand and looked around.

“Let’s go somewhere private to talk.”

Aiden POV

I don’t get it; I thought as I drove, I don’t get it why she was so cool with it. She’s pregnant damn it and she was so cool. I was on the edge of freaking out but she was humming at the tune of Alicia Keys. And I found myself keep throwing glances at her flat stomach.

There was something growing in there.

Boy, don’t I have a gift of dramatizing everything like a horror flick. But there was something growing in her. Something mine, something hers. Something that will alter the definition of my world, her world… and why is it, that something so fragile, so tiny can be so freaking horrifying?

“Question.” I said as I spoke. Beside me Fay stopped humming and looked sideways.

“What?” she inquired.

“Why are you so cool with this? Aren’t you… scared?” I looked sideways to meet her eyes for a second before focusing back on the road. We were heading to a place I often visit, a place I go whenever I wanted to be alone.

“Of course I’m scared! How do you think I feel when I took the pregnancy test? I thought I was going to die, I couldn’t see my future anymore. My mom was going to be so disappointed in me, what I was going to do next? I thought about everything, I only slept for a few hours and waking up to a nightmare.” She elaborated but as she rant, the tone of her voice did not so much as faltered. “But after the crying I realized it was not going to change anything. It happened, there was no going back. Freaking out don’t help anything.”