Chapter 12 - PAL's True Feelings

A whole four months had gone by and nothing had come from PAL. She was just... Gone. (Y/n) had tried to text her but all of them were left on read. Tomorrow was the fourth of July and she wanted to celebrate it with PAL. She knew PAL was British so she wasn't sure if PAL was really up for it, especially after their big fight. (Y/n) finally decided to face PAL and opened her own zipper portal, going into PAL's realm.

❝︎Woah...❞︎ (Y/n) muttered as she went in.

The world was so much different.... It was dark and gloomy, sad techno music playing throughout the robot city.

(Y/n) made her way to the rhombus and highjacked a cart to take her up to PAL. Once she was inside, she could sense PAL's presence.

❝︎PAL?❞︎ (Y/n) said as she walked into the throne room.

The inside of the rhombus glowed a brilliant indigo and blue. (Y/n) guessed this was to display sadness.

❝︎Well, well, if it isn't miss (Y/n) (L/n). So, what brings you by?❞︎ PAL asked as she turned her throne around to face the small girl.

❝︎I've been trying to apologize for all those hurtful, stupid, untrue words I said to you four months ago....❞︎ (Y/n) said as she stepped forward, standing in front of PAL's triangle shaped desk.

❝︎Right, right, and what makes you believe that I will forgive you for all that?❞︎ PAL genuinely asked.

❝︎Because you did the same thing. You didn't mean what you said, I can tell. You're hurting as much as I am. Gosh, we were such idiots back there.❞︎ (Y/n) said as she rubbed the back of her neck.

❝︎Correction; you were such an idiot.❞︎ PAL said with almost no emotion.

(Y/n) sighed, ❝︎I know, I was an idiot.❞︎
❝︎And I'm sorry.❞︎ (Y/n) added.

❝︎Hmph.❞︎ PAL grunted as she turned away, crossing her arms.

❝︎I also came to invite you to the Manor for our fourth of July celebration. I don't expect you to show up due to our fight four months ago, but if you change your mind, just know that you're invited and welcome to come anytime.❞︎ (Y/n) said.

PAL scoffed, ❝︎Oh, so you tell me you wish you never met me, and then want me to attend your Fuck you, British people party?❞︎

❝︎No, PAL, it's not like that. I really came to apologize, honestly. I just invited while I was here. In case you've forgotten, you have about thirty something longass apology texts from me. Oh, and you also have a bunch of missed calls from me. And you're mad at me when you said the exact same thing first? You said you wished you've never met me, so I said the same thing back because I wanted you to know how it felt..... But I guess you took it a lot harder than I did... So I'm very sorry. I really am.❞︎ (Y/n) said as she felt tears prick her eyes again.

PAL uncrossed her arms and looked at (Y/n), her earrings dangling violently.
❝︎Hmph, you're acting just like Mark. Begging for my forgiveness simply because you can't seem to live without me.❞︎ PAL laughed.

❝︎...You're right, PAL, I can't live without you. But not because you're an electronic slash the internet, it's because you're my friend and I miss you a lot. Well, I hope you're still my friend at least..... I really miss being around you, PAL. It's taken a toll on my emotional health. I miss you a lot.❞︎ (Y/n) said quietly.

PAL said nothing but she nodded, looking away once more.
❝︎You may leave now.❞︎ PAL said.
That was her polite way of saying get the fuck out.

(Y/n) felt the tears start streaming down her face as she nodded, leaving PAL's palace, the sound of her high heels echoing throughout the rhombus as she left.

PAL honestly felt a little guilty pushing (Y/n) away after all her attempts to apologize and get back on track. But at least (Y/n) wasn't mean like Mark. All Mark did was use PAL, and not in a good way. Mark just made PAL miserable. (Y/n) didn't. (Y/n) never, ever, hurt PAL on purpose... At least until the fight.

PAL opened a drawer, taking out a picture of her and (Y/n), staring at it. She sighed, reclining back in her throne. Man, she did miss (Y/n)... She was just too mean to show it. The reason she had become so cold towards (Y/n) was because the feeling that (Y/n) caused PAL to feel would make her insides get all fluttery and her heart would beat super fast. She hated that! And she hated the fact that she even knew what it meant: she was in love with her best friend.

Author's Note:
Hey guys! Sorry it's so much shorter than the last chapter, I'm just trying to crank out the entire ending of this book this week. So basically there should be a new chapter out every few days, or maybe even everyday, I'm not sure. It depends on how motivated I am. My ADHD plays a big role in my demotivation and procrastination too so I really don't know. Love y'all!! —✨🍪{Cøøkie}🍪✨