Larry - Hopeful

Warning: Contains miscarraige :(

Harry’s POV

I watched Louis as he studied the young family’s around us. Parent’s playing with their children and with their family dog. I watched as a tear from his eye. I wrapped my arms around the terrified boy.

 Louis found out a year and a half ago he was pregnant. We were ecstatic even though it wasn’t normal; we didn’t care because we were going to be Dad’s.

We’d been married a few months when we found out and it only brought us closer. I helped him recover from his morning sickness, put up with his constant mood swings and with his insane midnight cravings.

Then one night 2 months before Louis was due he woke with a terrible pain in his swollen stomach. When we turned on the light we found the sheets soaked with blood.

We lost our little girl that night, Emily Grace Tomlinson-Styles. Louis blamed himself for not being able to save his little girl. It broke my heart to see him so torn up.

 6 months later he revealed he was ready to try again, so we did. 6 ½ months ago we found that Louis was pregnant again. We were over the moon knowing that we had another chance of starting our family.

 But Louis was terrified he was going to loose this baby. It was at the 7 month mark he lost Emily and he was nearly at the 7 month mark now. We were having another girl but weren’t sure on names. I guess we didn’t want to get out hopes up. Our midwife said that she wanted Louis to have a c-section 2 weeks before his due date of September 9th.

 He sat here watching the family’s playing imagining what we’d be doing right now if Emily had survived. “She’s going to be ok Lou, I promise.” He looked up at me with watery eyes, “What if she doesn’t?”

I sighed, “Then we either try again when you feel ready or we can adopt or foster. There are always options babe, no matter what. I believe you will be a fantastic father whether we’re the birth parents or not.”

He smiled up at me a kissed me softly on the lips. “I love you Haz.” I beamed down at the older lad, “I love you too Lou. And I love our baby.” I kissed his swelling bump as he tangled his fingers in my curls.

3 months later

I sat in the cafeteria with my head in my hands. Our little girl had made it this far, but wasn’t breathing when she was born. Nurses fear that her umbilical chord choked her when Lou went into early labor.

Louis was in the recovery ward after going into a state of shock. I wasn’t allowed inside but I stayed incase he needed me urgently. The nurses weren’t sure if our girl would make it, they promised to do everything they could.

 An hour later I wandered up to the room where they said Louis would be. There he sat at te window staring aimlessly at the courtyard below. From where I stood at the door I could see the tears pouring down his cheeks.

I choked back a sob and joined him at the window. I pulled the older lad onto my lap as he cried into my shirt. “I’m so sorry Harry,” he continued to blame himself. I don’t think I could bare to see him go through this again.

There was a soft knock at the door. I turned to see our midwife standing there grinning which made me frown. “Harry, Louis, would you like to meet your daughter?” Louis head snapped up so hard I  heard his neck crack.

“What?” She walked in holding a bundle of blankets. “Your little girl is a fighter. She went into shock after you went into labor but she’s alright.” Louis’ hands clamped over his mouth, eyes wide.

 I stood up and she placed the bundle into my arms, “Congrats Daddy Styles.” I looked down at the sleeping body. She looked so peaceful and perfect. “Louis, she’s her, she’s alright.” I cried and sat beside the hysterical lad.

I angled our little angel so he would see her. He gasped, “She’s absolutely perfect.” I placed my spare arm around my husband as we admired out little girl. She yawned and her eyes fluttered open leaving us to marvel ad the stunning shade of green.

 “Hope,” I turned to face the smiling boy, “We should name her Hope, or at least her middle name. Our hope brought her back to us.”

I nodded, “Lila Hope Tomlinson-Styles.” Louis beamed down at our miracle baby, “Welcome to the Tomlinson-Styles family Lila.”

This made me cry! Is that weird? Did anyone else cry??