Chapter Seventeen

For this new year I was placed in a room with people I haven't even met before but they were nice people though. It is just that I miss being in a room with Stephanie, Peace and Promise.

And so now when Stephanie and I want to meet, we meet either in the common room or her room or my room.

" Wura" Stephanie called, I turned to see her walking hurriedly towards me. At that point I was about to leave because we were running late for our class and goodness the lecturer is strict.

" Stephanie, I have been waiting here for you since. What were you doing" I asked frowning

" I'm so sorry, I woke up a little late" She said with a pleading tone.

" Whatever, let just go" I said walking forwards

" Wuraoluwa I'm really sorry" Stephanie said

" And I said okay" I answered

" No, you said whatever. Wura you are angry" She said

" Of course, I'm angry. You left me standing there for almost thirty minutes when you are fully aware that our lecturer is strict. You said you woke up late, Fine but I called you one hour ago and you told me that you were going to start getting ready but see the time you are just arriving. You even had enough time to draw your eyebrows perfectly" I said angrily

" I'm sorry. It won't repeat itself again" She responded sounding remorseful but I haven't said enough yet

" I'm very sure it would because you are never time conscious" I said, I knew I was supposed to calm down and stop talking but I just wanted to speak my mind the way it is.

" Wuraoluwa I said I'm sorry" She said and walked further from me towards the lecture theatre probably to avoid further confrontation.

I felt bad for the way I spoke to her, I felt the holy spirit cautioning my anger but I just wanted to say what was in my mind. It could have been me in Stephanie's shoes and I wouldn't have liked it if she spoke to me like that.

I walked into the class dejectedly and spotted where she was seated with Dieko, the Lecturer isn't even in class yet.

I walked towards them and sat beside Dieko because I didn't want to face her yet.

" I heard your brother is running for a second tenure" Dieko said to Steph, she nodded in response and spoke no further. I wanted to ask her why but I couldn't because we aren't in talking terms so I was left wondering why Tife was running for a second tenure for the SRC President.

" Should we have a group discussion. Three of us" Dieko asked again unaware of the tensed air between both of us.

" Okay" I responded and Steph nodded again, he seemed satisfied with our response so he said nothing and went back to the game he was playing. I opened my Accounting textbook and started reading even though I didn't necessarily want to read it. I glanced towards Stephanie, her eyes was glued to her phone.

" Wura do you want to say something" Stephanie asked and I turned towards her in surprise.

" Was I that obvious" I asked her

" Yes, you are. You had this I want to say something gaze. Say whatever you want to say, I forgive you" Stephanie shrugged and I smiled

" I'm sorry for getting angry at you this morning" I said

" No, actually what I did deserved your anger so I should be the one saying I'm sorry" Stephanie said

" Yes I know that but I should also apologize for talking back at you that way because even when you had apologized I still kept on talking" I said