Kirito's Heart

~November 1, 2024 Floor 1: Town of Beginnings~

We were in the daycare and all the younger kids were eating and playing with each other.

Y/n: so many...... it's amazing that you can keep up with them.

Asuna: yeah.

Rina: it's like this every day. How is Kirito feeling?

Y/n: looks like all the little guy needed was a good nights sleep.

Rina: has this happened before?

Asuna: we don't know. When we found him, he was wandering in the forest on floor 22. He seems to have lost his memories.

Rina: oh my.

Asuna: so we came to the Town of Beginnings.

Kirito then handed Asuna a piece of bread and she takes it.

Asuna: we thought someone here might know him.

Y/n: does he look familiar at all?

Rina: I'm sorry, but I don't think he's one of the kids from the Town of Beginnings. When the game started, most of the children suffered terrible psychological trauma. I couldn't just stand by and do nothing, so I started living with them in this church. Every day, I walk around the town to see if anyone needs my help. But I've never seen anyone like him.

Asuna: I see...

We all heard a knock at the door and went open it.

???: hello. I am Yulier.

Asuna: you're with the Army, right? Are you here to protest what happened yesterday?

Yulier: not at all. It's the reverse. As a matter of fact, I wanted to thank you.

Me and Asuna look at each other before looking back at Yulier.

Yulier: I've come to request something of you two today.

Asuna: request?

We sat back down at a table and Kirito was on the verge of falling asleep.

Yulier: originally, we... No, our guild leader, Thinker, never wanted it to be the dictatorial organization that it's become. We just wanted to share information and food evenly among as many players as possible.

Y/n: the Army got too big.

Yulier: yes, there were multiple internal power struggles, and a man named Kibaou ended up with a great deal of power. Kibaou and his faction have become dominant, monopolizing all of the best monster spawn points and have gone so far as to extort people under the pretext of collecting taxes. But people start criticizing Kibaou for neglecting his obligation to clear the game. So he sent the highest-level players under his command to the front lines.

Asuna: Corvatz...

Yulier: because of that fiasco, Kibaou was strongly denounced, and we were close to dismissing him from the guild. Desperate, he resorted to drastic measures, setting a trap for Thinker. Thinker's been stranded deep inside a dungeon!

Y/n: does he have a teleport crystal?

She shook her head.

Asuna: don't tell me he's unarmed.

Yulier: he was too trusting. He believed Kibaou when he said he only wanted to talk unarmed. That was three days ago.

Asuna: three days? What's happened to him?

Yulier: he's in the depths of a significantly high-level dungeon. He seems to be stuck there... As his second-in-command, this is my responsibility. But my level isn't high enough to reach him. And Kibaou is using his influence to prevent the rest of the Army from helping. And then I heard that two incredibly high-powered players had come here. And so I'm asking for your help.