The World of Swords

I was in my room reading a magazine while listening to the MMO Stream. The first full-dive game for the Nervegear just came out and I already played the beta test, so I'm expecting great things. I heard the game also let's you make your own weapon but I'm not really interested in it.

Suguha: I'm off to practice!

Y/n: stay safe while you're at it!

I watched as she ran off while waving bye. I then felt a sting on my finger, looking down I see I gave myself a paper cut and it started bleeding a little. I looked over to my Nervegear and set it up while putting in Sword Art Online. I then lied down and looked at the ceiling.

I did the censors test and input my information, once I opened my eyes I was in the basic starter gear and I gripped my fist

Y/n mind: hello world! I'm back for some more fun!

~Floor 1: Town of Beginnings~

I was running all around the place looking for the field entrance. I turned down an ally way and continued.

???: hey, you! Wait!

I slowed down, turned around, and saw a exhausted red haired girl.

Y/n: what's up little Red?

Red: you move faster than me... were you in the beta test?

Y/n: sure was.

Red: you see, today is my first day. Can you give me some tips on how to get pass the early levels, please?

Y/n: I'm not so sure about that...

Red: come on, please! My name's Ruby and it's nice to meet you.

Y/n: alright then, I'm Y/n. Pleased to meet you too.

~Floor 1: Town of Beginnings, West Field~

Ruby tried to hit the bore with her syth but she ended up getting ramed into the stomach.

Ruby: ow!

Y/n: you know you can't feel pain in a game, right Red? You can stop being so dramatic and get your ass up.

Ruby: oh yeah. We're in a game.

I watched her health go to yellow and saw a stone on the ground.

Y/n: remember what I told you about your initial motion, Red.

Ruby: easy for you to say! But he doesn't stand still.

I then walked over and grabbed the rock.

Y/n: if you're motion input correctly,

I then looked at the boars health as I held the rock back making it glow red.

Y/n: it activates a sword skill,