Edge of Hell's Abyss

~November 5, 2024 Floor 22: Lake Outside Coral City~

I was on the dock trying to catch some fish in the lake. There was a tug on the string and I pull it in seeing I caught nothing again. 

???: catch anything?

I looked to my side and saw a fisherman which made my jump out of my seat.

???: sorry to scare you...

He then casted his line and sat down in the chair next to me.

???: My name is Nishida. In the game, I'm a fisherman. In Japan, I was head of the network security division for Toto High-Speed Internet.

Y/n: nice meeting you Nishida, my name is Y/n. Hold on a minute, didn't that company...

Nishida: yes. I oversaw network security for this game.

He then got a bite and he started bringing in the line.

Y/n: it's a big one!

Nishida: piece of cake!

He then yanked the pole and out came a purple fish with blue eyes. He then held it by its mouth.

Y/n: man was that awesome.

Nishida: thanks. I can catch these things, but I can't cook them. I'd love to stew them or make sashimi, but I don't have any soy sauce. Maybe baked with soy sauce. Or maybe with radishes and soy sauce...

Y/n: I think I can help you out with that.

Nishida: what?

He yelled so loud it probably scared away all the fish.

~timeskip~

We just finished eating the fish at my house and it was amazing.

Nishida: that was wonderful! I had no idea you could get soy sauce in this world.

Asuna: it's homemade. Take some with you if you'd like.

Nishida: really? I appreciate that!

Asuna: but anyway, your fishing skill must be very high. Y/n's never managed to bring anything home.

Y/n: the damn lakes around here are like fighting an boss 20x your level in an rpg, insane difficulty!

Nishida: no, that isn't really true. The only difficulty one is the big lake where you were fishing.

Y/n: seriously! Why the hell is it designed like that?

Nishida: yes, excellent question! In that lake there's a guardian, you see.

Y/n and Asuna: a guardian?

Nishida: yes... I've had it strike several times myself. But it was so powerful it dragged my pole away altogether.

Asuna was happy about it but I was getting annoyed.

Nishida: and so, I'd like to ask something of you.

~night time~

Y/n: I don't mind fishing for a huge ass fish, but is it even possible to switch with a fishing pole?

Asuna: if anyone can, you can.

Y/n: maybe you're right.

Asuna: if you catch it, then what? Will you keep it?

Y/n: do you think they have fish tanks that big?

I then turned off the light and Asuna got in bed with me.