Beater

~December 2, 2022 First Floor: Tolbana~

Y/n mind: It's been a month since this death game started. During that time, 2,000 people already passed away. Even worse, no one has yet to advance to the second floor. I was a beta tester, even I couldn't find the dam boss room.

I then looked up looking at the people potentially interested in the meeting.

Y/n mind: we're finally having a meeting today on how to take down the first-floor boss.

~Tolbana Theater~

We were all seated with a man in knight like armor at the bottom by the stage. He claped his hands to get our attention.

???: okay, let's get started, people! Thank you for responding to my summons today. My name is Diabel. My job is... in my own mind, I like to think I'm a "knight."

Guy: there's no job system in this game!

Guy 2: so is this meeting a joke too?

Diabel: you should take this seriously!

Everyone quickly quiets down and Diabel grew serious.

Diabel: today, our party discovered the boss room at the top of the tower.

Guy: seriously?

Diabel: we need to defeat the boss, reach the second floor, and tell everyone waiting in the Towns of Beginnings that it is possible to beat this game. And that's the duty of every one of us here now! Isn't that right, everybody?

There was some silence before the others started clapping and witsling.

Diabel: okay! Then without further delay, I'd like to get this boss-raid meeting started. First, I want you to team up into parties of six.

I emediatly was shocked and started sweating seeing the others partying up already. I looked around me and I was alone until I spotted a hooded player sitting alone in pure silence. I then quickly scoot my way over to them and stopped.

Y/n: you got left behind too?

???: I wasn't left behind. Everyone else seemed to be friends already, so I just stayed out of it.

Y/n: so you're playing solo? How about you partner up with me?

The player then looked back at me and looked kinda confused.

Y/n: Diabel just said we can't beat the boss solo. So how about it just for this fight?

She nodded and I opened my minu sending them a party request. They accepted and their health bar shows up, I then got a bit serious seeing their name was Asuna. We then turned attention back to Diabel.

Diabel: okay, are you about done forming your parties? Then---

???: hold up a second!

We see a man jump down the stairs and onto the stage turning back at us.

???: My name's Kibaou. There's something I wanna say before we take on the boss.

Y/n: huh?

Kibaou: some of you here need to apologize to the 2,000 who have died so far!

He then pointed to the crowd of players and they began whispering amongst themselves. I on the other hand was wondering were he was going.

Diabel: Kibaou, these people you're referring to... do you mean the ex-beta testers, perhaps?

Kibaou: of course I do! On the day this stupid game started, the beta guys ditched us beginners, and they all disappeared. They took all the good hunting spots and easy quests for themselves, so they were the only ones getting stronger. And since then, they've just ignored the rest of us. There's gotta be some of them here! Guys who were beta testers! We should make them get on their knees and apologize, and give up all the items and money they've hoarded. As party members, we can't trust them with our lives, and they can't trust us!