71: Everyone Has Something

In the spring of third grade, Tamaki transferred to a new school on the first day of class. A smaller version of Tamaki stood at the front of class and fiddled with his hands nervously.

"I'm Amajiki, and, uh...and I like her- I mean." He said and was about to say something but immediately back down from it.

"I could barely talk when I introduced myself." Tamaki narrated for author. "It was a new school year, but plenty of students. Knew each other from the previous term, and they clustered together in groups. It seems like nobody wanted to be the first one to talk to the new kid who'd already embarrassed himsel. And making friends wasn't exactly my specialty. After all, who would wanna get to know someone boring and awkward like me?"

"Amajiki!" The small kid with raven black hair looked up slightly to see a blonde boy with blue eyes looking at him. "It was kinda hard to hear what you were trying' to say up there earlier, but I was thinking. We're you trying to tell us that you like heroes, was that it?"

"Well...I, uh..." Tamaki trailed off and looked away from the eye contact.

"Cause I like 'em too. They're so awesome!" The younger Mirio said with a wide smile and a thumbs up.

"That day..."

"If you had to pick a favorite, who would it be?" Mirio asked.

"You talked to me when no one else would. And I remember thinking how warm you were. How bright. You were shining like the sun. I never thought I'd see another person like that. Then she came along."

Teenager Tamaki was walking down the hall when suddenly another force ran into him.

"I'm sorry about that I didn't see where I was going." The person apologized and quickly stood up. They held their hand out to Tamaki and he looked up to see who ran into him. He nervously accepted her assistance up and when he was back on his feet he nervously fiddled with his hands.

"No, I'm sorry for giving you trouble." He said back. He had the same warm and bright feeling he had when he met Mirio.

"I wonder. Can I do it too? Can I shine as brightly as you two?" Tamaki thought to himself while watching Mirio run in front of him into the Hassaikai base.

The group continued running down the hall until they came up on a crevice in the wall. In was a small cubby that had a potted flower on tiles. Nighteye moved the potted plant out of the way and pressed the tiles in a specific order, which allowed the wall to open up.

"It's like a ninja hideout. How cool!" Bubble girl said excitedly. Who wouldn't get excited from a secret door?

"Thank goodness for your quirk sir." Centipeder praised. "Guards up. We don't know what we might be facing in there." As the hero said that, three Yakuza members forced themselves out the room to attack. Two were suddenly caught by large centipedes while Bubble girl blinded the last with bubbles in his eyes. She pined that third to the ground.

"We'll make sure these guys don't follow. You go on ahead." Bubble girl said confidently.

"You heard her." Nighteye said and the rest of the group continued through the secret passage. They ran down the stairs and turned but came face to face with a wall blocking the hallway.

"It looks like a dead end. So, what now?" The chief of police asked.

"So much for your Foresight Nighteye." Locklock said.

"Hold on, let me go take a look." Mirio said while taking off his helmet.

"Lemillion, if you go through, you'll be naked." Kirishima said worriedly while using Mirio's hero name.