68: A Sence of Hope

"She could die." Those few words caused all the UA students to look at him with worry.

"Just talking about it's enough to make my blood boil. Let's go get this monster!" Fatgum exclaimed with anger.

"Tch. Woulda saved us a lot of trouble if these two amateurs had just gotten the girls away from him." Locklock said towards Morio and Midoriya who were already beating themselves up over the matter.

"I take full responsibility. The blame should not fall on them. Even without knowing the whole story they acted to save the child, each in their own way. Midoriya was willing to bear the risk of taking her then, while Mirio chose to wait for another opportunity, when success would be likely. They also didn't have the previous knowledge of Overhaul kidnapping Rin. If Eri was taken then we wouldn't know what attention could have been brought to her." Nighteye explained giving a pretty good defense.

''Worlds greatest hero.' Not even close.' Midoriya thought to himself.

'Save 1,000,000 people? I couldn't even save them.' Mirio also thought with hate towards himself.

"I assure you, nobody in this room is more frustrated than they are." Nighteye defended then when the two said students suddenly stood up.

"We'll get them away from him next time..." Midoriya started.

"...And we'll protect them!" They both announced at the same time.

"That's precisely what we've come here to discuss." Nighteye said as they started discussing.

It's exactly what they did. They talked about how little information they had about where Eri and Rin are. So Nighteye decided to target all the Hassaikai bases which brought in the smaller local heroes. Aizawa suggested Nighteye to use his quirk but he refused due to his past of looking into All Mights future. But he didn't tell the meeting that, he just told them he couldn't.

After the meeting the UA students found a table to sit down at and the two students to let Eri go were still sulking. Midoriya however explained their interaction with Eri.

"If only I'd rescue her then, maybe if I had used force. At least she'd be safe, and Rin could get away without worrying about Eri." Midoriya said in regret.

"Aw man. So that's what happened that day? So frustrating." Kirishima said with sympathy.

"But it still didn't make sense. I've walked through that ally hundreds of times and there was never a wall." Mirio said as that question was still on his mind. Where on earth did the sudden walk come from? I

"What if, and I'm just going off a hunch here. What if that wall was Rin?" Uraraka suggested and both quickly looked at her with worry.

"That does make sense. Those two heroes said that she can't get out without Eri, that makes it sound like she's already tried, ribbit." Tsu suggested.

"Hey, hey, you're right. Maybe you two met Eri because Rin tried running away with her." Nejire said over to Mirio and Midoriya, helping pice things together.

"But why would she block herself off from Eri and Overhaul?" Kirishima questioned. Honestly the group was turning into its own meeting to figure out why Rin made that wall.

"What if she was attacked?" Tamaki asked. That was all the commentary he wanted to put into the conversation.

"Hey, that works! If she was attacked and told Eri to run then she could have blocked the ally to protect her!" Nejire said excitedly because it sounded like all the dots were piecing together. Mirio and Midoriya were the opposite of that. They became even more depressed knowing Rin was right there.

The elevator door suddenly opened to show Aizawa walking out with the two heroes from America following behind him.

"I'd this a funeral or something?" The one in the red and silver Falcon costume asked to lighten the heavy air.

"Mr. Aizawa. Hello sir." Tsu greeted her teacher.

"Call me Eraser Head outside of school." He instructed. "You know it's just my luck. Before you got involved in this, I was going to recomend that your work studies be suspended."

"What? Why would you do that?" Kirishima audibly asked but Midoriya, Tsu, and Uraraka were also surprised.

"You were listening when he said the League of Villains is involved right? That changes things, and puts Rin in harms way that much more." Aizawa asked.

The man with the metal seemed to be startled by something before looking at the bracelet on his wrist. It had a small blinking blue light on it.

"Speaking of which..." He started to get everyone's attention. "We just got another message from Rin." The UA students got excited at this information. He then placed one of the needs on the table and a hologram popped up before playing.

"Information log 6. Day...I don't know anymore. I think today was pretty uneventful. I still don't know where they've taken Venom and Riot, and I don't know what condition they're in. Overhaul had a meeting with Tomura Shigaraki." After she said that Aizawa wanted to get his students out of this mission. But Rin continued. "If you guys show this to Mr. Aizawa. Please don't let him take Zuku-Kun out of the mission."

"Huh!?" Midoriya questioned, very surprised.

"I know Nighteye is working on the Chisaki case and might include Midoriya. And I know Mr. Aizawa's gonna be included and immediately pull Midoriya out knowing the League are in this." Rin explained. Not knowing she was spit on and just didn't know about the addition of her classmates. "Anyways. There was obvious tension and hate between Overhaul and Shigaraki. So they'll turn on each other as soon as the other doesn't benefit them. Anyways that's all I have. I'll send another video when I have more information."

With that, the video ended and the man took the beed of the bracelet back. At the back of the table Tamaki turned to Mirio.

"Mirio, please, will you try to smile?" The raven haired boy said.

"Hey, hey! I know what'll help you. Just remember. Regretting something and getting frowny doesn't change things. You know?" Nejire said to try and comfort him. He sniffed and had a determined look.

"Yeah."

"I'll only say this once, in case it gives you a little peace of mind. Just because you didn't hold onto her this time, doesn't mean you didn't give Eri hope. So keep looking forward." Aizawa said to Midoriya to try and lift his spirits.

"Besides. You kids show promise." Falcon said to try and give them a bit of hope. It was effective sine they heard that for a member of the Avengers.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=

[Author: Yeah it's a short...ish chapter. But I'm going through extensive detail in the next ones. Be prepared for some drama. 😈]

A: Every time I'm confronted with a problem and I feel desperate and helpless, I look at a picture of us together.

The girl's and kami: Aww

A: And I tell myself, if I can live with these idiots, then I can handle every problem.

The girls: . . .

Kami: that's sweet.

Word count: 1187