Chapter 16

I woke up lying on a dirty rock floor. I pushed myself up and looked around. I was in a cave, but it was much smaller than Alec's, and it was completely empty of anything.

Except for the naga in the corner watching me.

I froze, thousands of thoughts going through my head. The naga lifted himself off the ground and slithered over to me. He circled around me a few times, slowly looking me over.

"So, you're my brother's new pet," he said.

"I'm not his pet," I said, annoyed at being called that again.

He hissed at me warningly, and I shut my mouth.

"Wait, your brother?" I said, realizing what he had said before calling me a pet.

"Yes, Alec is my brother," he said, somewhat annoyed, though if it was at me, I was not sure.

I had no reply for that. I looked into the naga's slitted eyes, and realized, they were the same emerald green as Alec's.

"What's your name?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

He looked at me for a moment, contemplating whether or not to answer me.

"Hunter," he replied.

"I'm Fae," I said.

He smiled at me evilly.

"Well, Fae, you should probably know how this works. I like to steal my brother's toys, and then he comes to get them, usually followed by a fight or a trade," he started.

I gulped when he mentioned a fight. Alec was in no condition to fight another naga.

"Usually, I just steal his things and do nothing with them," he said circling around me. "But this particular toy," he ran his hand over my hair. "looks like a lot of fun to play with."

I gulped, not liking his tone of voice.

"I-I'm not a toy," I stammered.

"Well, that's probably because Alec doesn't play with you right," he replied.

He moved my hair out of the way, and I felt his long, skinny tongue wipe across the top of my spine.

I turned around and slapped him, a purely instinctive reaction. It was only after I had done it that I realized how dangerous that actually was.

He glared at me and hissed angrily. I backed up slowly, but tripped over his tail, landing in a corner of the cave, where I couldn't escape.

He smirked at my predicament.

His tail came up behind me and pushed me to my feet, bringing me closer to him.

He circled around behind me again and whispered into my ear.

"Don't move," he hissed.

He put one hand on my shoulder, and used the other to move my hair out of the way. I told myself I wouldn't react, but when I felt his tongue run across my scar, I drew in a sharp breath.

He dragged his tongue slowly and agonizingly across my scar. When he reached the end of my scar, he continued and licked the back of my ear. Then he nibbled on my ear and pulled back, causing me to tilt my head so I was looking at the ceiling.

He quickly darted around in front of me. His tail wrapped once around my waist and the tip rested atop my shoulder. The weight of the tail pulled me down, and my legs straddled another one of his coils. He brought his lips to where my earlobe and jaw met, and place a hot kiss there. He continued down my neck, planting searing hot kisses down towards my sternum. When he reached my sternum, he started back up towards my other ear.

It felt strange. I was almost enjoying the attention, but it felt wrong, like it was the wrong person. But I didn't dare protest, for fear of the sharp teeth and venom just beyond those lips.

I shivered; overwhelmed by the sensations I was feeling.

I felt him smile as he ran his tongue over the curve of my ear.

I was having trouble breathing, so I opened my mouth to try and get some air.

But he was ready.

No sooner had I parted my lips, he darted towards my mouth and pressed his lips roughly to mine. I yelped in surprise. Then I felt his forked tongue start to explore the inside of my mouth. It curled around mine, drawing it out when all I wanted was to hide it away.

I couldn't resist the whimper that escaped my throat. It was all too much for me. My body relaxed in defeat, and he continued to have his way with me.

He pulled away from me, and I figured he was done.

But he stared into my dazed face, drunk on his kisses, and jerked my body towards him, exposing my neck. He placed his lips on it and drew it in, sucking upon it. I gasped, finally breaking down. My body went limp in his arms.

I don't know how long that went on, but it seemed like an eternity.

When he finally was done, I sat there in his coils, my head hanging and my eyes closed.

"Now that's how you play with a toy," he chuckled.

He released me from his coils and onto the dirty cave floor. He went back over to his corner of the cave and curled up in his coils, staring at me with a mischievous and amused smirk.

I rolled over and faced the other wall of the cave, refusing to let him see the tears run down my face.

It took me a while, what with the naga staring at the back of my head and the fear coursing through my veins, but eventually, I fell asleep, still crying silently.