Chapter 18

"Lewi," I whisper in the dark room. "Luke," I try again, looking down at the passed out boy snoring. I almost want to leave him be he looks so peaceful. But that's not me and really technically he owed me a waking up from the last time he woke me up asking if I believed in aliens because he swore he saw some sort of strange light. "Hemmings," I shake the bed a bit, gnawing at my bottom lip and eyeing the window.

"Stop shaking the bed," he grumbles, putting a pillow over his face. "Luke," I sigh. "Go to sleep Lai," he groans, turning over. "But Lewi, it's raining," I hum like a toddler. "Laila, I know you are not waking me up for rain, it rains all the time," he whines, pulling the blanket up to his chin. "But it hasn't rained in months," I pout. "Then go look at it and quit bugging me," his voice light and laced with sleep.

"I don't want to just look at it anymore, it's killing me blue eyes, I've gotta go outside," my eyes dart back to the window just to be sure it doesn't start slowing down again. Luke lets out an exaggerated sigh then turns over, sleepy eyes blinking up at you. "How long have you been up?" He looks at the clock. It's already afternoon, Luke sleeping in and me being up since around 8.

"Mm, four hours?" "You've been staring at the rain for four hours?" He cocks a brow. "It's only just started raining an hour ago," I say as if that's any better. "Well why didn't you just go out?" He asks groggily, eyes already fluttering shut again. "Because," I look down, tracing patterns on the sheets. "I don't wanna go out by myself."

"Lai, going outside by yourself is not going to stop you from being out in the rain," Luke states skeptically. "Alright," I sigh, looking up at the ceiling. "I want to kiss in the rain," I mumble quickly. "What was that?" Luke peeks an eye at me, grinning and making a gesture to his ear asking me to say it louder. "Luke," I groan. "Can we please just go outside before it stops," I frown, pulling on his hand. "Why do you want me to go with you Laila?" He smirks, already having heard me before.

I repeat my previous reason, still just as mumbled and rushed. Luke makes the same gesture for me to speak up. I roll my eyes. "I want you to kiss me in the rain okay, are you coming or not?" I huff with warm cheeks. "Alright, alright, no need to be pushy, jeez Lai, you want to kiss me so bad it's so embarrassing," he teases, getting out of bed.

"You're an idiot, I've changed my mind just stay in bed," I call back on my way out of Luke's room. Of course it's only seconds before his arms are wrapping around me from behind and he's tickling my ear with a sweet whispered reminder to bring my jacket.

-

"Why are you two soaked?" Calum stops in his tracks, just walking out of his apartment. "She wanted to go outside," Luke replies with a shiver. "Ah, she suckered you into going out in the rain huh?" Calum grins amusingly. "First of all, there wasn't much convincing and secondly, the rain is amazing," I hum.

"Lai, no one ever wants to be out in the rain," Calum shakes his head. "Um, yes. I do," I reply smartly. "That's because you're weird," he retorts. "I'm not weird, tell him I'm not weird," I pout up at Luke. "You're not weird at all babe," Luke assures maybe a bit bias. "Don't lie to her and you're not very credible either, you're just as weird as her," Calum counters, locking his door behind him.

"If liking the rain makes me weird then so be it," I shrug. "No, liking the rain isn't even in the top 5 reasons of why you are weird," Calum muses. "I resent that," I wave a hand of dismissal, walking toward my apartment. Calum laughs and offers us a chuckled goodbye.

"What are you doing, where are you going?" Luke frowns when I go to my own door rather than his. "Ummm to shower and change before I die of hypothermia?" I grab my keys from my pocket. "Yeah but I thought we agreed we were going to save some water," he points toward his door. "Well just come to mine and shower," I reply easily. "Why can't you come to mine?"