Chapter 7

I wake up the same time I do every morning, only, today is different. Different because I'm not in my bed but rather on my couch. The suns beaming through the windows I never bothered to buy curtains for and as I slowly blink awake, I remember the two little kids I was supposed to be sitting for and a certain blonde haired boy who was helping.

With creased eyebrows, I sit up and let the blanket that was thrown over me spill at my waist. I'm up and looking around the small apartment for any sign of the three in seconds. When there isn't a sign of them anywhere, I immediately go for my door swinging it open and seeing a neatly written note taped to Luke's door.

Sold the kids to some guy named Andy and woman named Karen, I'm in the middle of getting rid of a body come back after 10.

I bite back a smile and roll my eyes lightheartedly at the note and head back into my apartment with a new ease.

During coffee time, just as I'm planning out my morning of cleaning up I realize, looking around, that my apartment is clean. All the toys, crayons, tutus, papers, and glitter, it's all cleaned up. In fact, the only thing lying around is the blanket that fell from my body when I woke up.

I try hard to ignore the flutter of my heart and decide on a bath rather than a shower to clear my head. Luke and I were friends. He was just being a good friend.

Friends.

-

Idly walking out of the bathroom I'm met with two boys snacking away in my kitchen. "What are you two doing in here?" I sigh at Michael and Calum who unfortunately have a habit of thinking my place is somehow also theirs.

"Gross Lai, put some clothes on," Calum teases from where he's sitting on the counter, swinging his legs and stuffing his face. "Excuse you, this is my apartment ya know," I huff. "I wasn't exactly expecting guests." "Not even a blonde haired giant?" Michael grins wickedly. "What are you talking about?" I roll my eyes unimpressed. "Calum told me he saw Luke leave your apartment late last night," he hums.

"Did Calum also tell you we were babysitting Matty and Alice?" I deadpan both of the boys. "Calum didn't see that part," Calum mutters, scratching at his head. "Calum's an idiot," I retort.

"Whatever, how'd you get him to help babysit?" Michael questions. "I didn't," I shrug. "What?" He looks genuinely puzzled. "He offered," I answer coolly, going through my fridge in hopes of finding something to eat. "He offered?" Calum sounding just as shocked and confused. "Yeah?" I honestly didn't see what was so crazy about it.

"Gross," Michael grimaces. "What a freak," Calum adding his own input. "What's wrong with offering to help babysit? I thought it was sweet," I frown. "Of course you did, you want to bone him," Michael replies just before going off to the restroom. I look back at Calum for answers. He simply shrugs, still stuffing his face with chips he and Michael found, "He's right."

"Shut up, just because you two are assholes who would never help unless I bribed you..." I grumble, going to change into some clothes deciding I wanted to go out for breakfast.

"Get that would you," I call back as I hear knocking on my way to my room. "I'm not your butler," Calum calls back.

"You also weren't invited over," I shoot back, quickly changing.

-

"You're still at the door? Who is it?" I walk back out, fully clothed now. "Ah, there she is," Calum beams, sticking his arm out to gesture to me. "It's Luke," he wiggles his eyebrows annoyingly. "Hey, sorry, was getting changed hope Calum didn't scare you too much," I smile at the sleepy looking boy in front of me.

"Uh, no," he says a bit stiffly. "Are you alright? Did you need something?" I eye him carefully. "N-no, just uh, came to see if you were up yet," Luke shuffles on his feet, eyeing Calum. "Yeah, been up for a while. Saw your note and figured I'd let you finish getting rid of that body," I reply lightly. He merely gives a chuckle, it's so light it wouldn't even be considered a chuckle really.

"We uh, we were gonna go out for breakfast if you want to join us?" I can't help the crease between my brows. "No, I'm okay, I have to get going actually." I feel more than see Calum look at me and I know exactly what my best friend is thinking because I'm sure that I'm thinking the same exact thing.

"Okay? Are you sure?" I frown. "Yeah," he nods, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Well maybe you can come by later then? I have to stop by the store and I might just pick up a big bag of Cheetos with your name on em," I try to reel him in with something I know he likes because this, whoever this was, wasn't Luke.

He cracks a small enough smile to pop that dimple of his just enough and nods. "Yeah, I'll have to put off kidnapping that girl I've been stalking but I can always do that tomorrow," he jokes. And thank god he does because my head was starting to spin. "Hopefully you don't mind my ladies and meth because last night put us behind sechdule," I grin. "Are you kiding? Nothing I love more than prostitutes and drugs to go with my Cheetos."

"You guys are weird," Calum shakes his head, walking back to the kitchen.

"I uh, better get in there before he burns the building down or hurts himself," I chuckle, pointing back towards Calum. "Yeah, of course, go," Luke smiles assuringly.

"Hey," I stop him when he's midway to his own apartment. "Yeah?" He turns back around to face me. "Thanks. For helping babysit, cleaning up and covering me up." "It was fun and you looked cold," he shrugs. "Still. Michael and Calum would have never done any of it." "I'm not Michael and Calum," he hums matter-of-fact.

"No, you are not," I bite back a smile. "Let me make it up to you, I could make you dinner or something." "Dinner?" Luke cocks a brow. "Yes dinner. Don't you trust me, Lucas?" He pulls his bottom lip between his teeth, nipping at his lip ring. "Okay but not dinner. We have to go out and do something," he narrows his eyes at me.

"Deal," I agree easily. "But not tonight, this has to be an all day thing," he grins. "All day? What are we supposed to do all day?" "Don't know, you'll have to figure it out. And make it fun!" he beams, finishing the short few steps to his own apartment.

"Fine, but you're still coming over later right?" I try not to sound too hopeful or eager. "I'd never turn down a bag of Cheetos," he winks and shuts the door behind.

I'm left standing there trying to figure out what the hell I was going to plan for tomorrow.

--
Bleh. This chapter was more of a filler. I'm going to try and update again within the next two days but we'll see how that goes. Lol don't forget if you're liking the story and haven't already, you can add it to your library to get notified when I do update! (: