[🔱] - Clingy Shark

i felt like writing.

doing another fauna one later because she's quirky.

ok, enjoy. ;)

[edit: thanks for 6k]

...

Gura barged through your bedroom door, sniffing around like Bubba to find you. But you were nowhere to be found. She sighed and fell to her knees. The shark had wanted her six o'clock cuddle session but who's to cuddle with - without you?

"Gura~?" You hummed, hanging by the doorway.

The shark almost snapped her neck, instantly turning around to face you. She stood up and ran with open arms. Gura was ecstatic at your arrival, smiling all the way to you.

She plunged into you and hummed happily. The vibrations of her soft humming reverberated through your chest. You smiled and gave the shark a couple of head-pats, which only made her hum even louder.

At your stomach's volition, it rumbled competitively against Gura's humming. Gura pulled away and giggled.

"Do you want me to make you something?" She chimed.

"Uhh. If it's going to be baby food, I'm going to pass." You chuckled. Gura's face fell a bit, but you reassured her. "Don't worry, though. It's the thought that counts. Thanks, Gura."

You ruffled through her hair and her expression returned to its' usual cheerful state.

"How about we head downstairs?" You suggested.

"And do what?" Gura tilted her head.

"Are you hungry? I sure as hell am." You laughed.

"I guess I'm hungry..." Gura shrugged.

"You guess? I bet I have some things that will make you decide." You placed a hand on the back of Gura's head. "Come on, let's go."

Gura gripped tightly onto your sweater the entire walk downstairs. You've gotten quite used to Gura's clinginess; her random pouncing for cuddles, or her selfish requests to be with you at all times, there's no extent as to what she would do to be with you.

At the final step at the stair, you felt your sweater pull hardly. While you were on the wooden floor, Gura was still on the carpeted stairs.

"What's wrong?" You asked.

"The floor is cold."

"That's why they invented socks."

"But they're so annoying." She whined.

"Ah. Well... come here." You kneeled, facing away from Gura so that she would get on your back. As soon as she did, she began giggling.

"You could've just asked, you know." You sighed.

Gura always has a knack for working around saying certain things, so instead she would make up excuses to allure you to doing things that she would want you to do. In this case, she used the floor as an excuse for an ulterior motive to ride on your back.

"It makes me all fuzzy inside, knowing that you'll do these things for me." She rebutted. She gripped tightly, attempting to bind closer and feel your warmth.

"Fine. How about I spoil you - just for today."

"Why not everyday?"

"If you really think about it, I think I already do." You placed the shark onto a stool that sits high off the ground.

"So what makes today special?" She asked.

"No reason." You ruffled Gura's hair and smiled.

You turned away to get to the other side of the counter, but Gura stopped you once again.

"Yes, Gura?"

"Don't leave..." Her expression became saddened, her eyes became teary like puppy eyes.

"How about this - you hop on my back, and you'll help me cook like the rat in Ratatouille."

"But I don't know how to cook..."

"I'll be the rat and you be the guy. Except, I can't be the rat on your head, or else I would crush you." You stifled your laughter. "Plus, you'll be with me the entire time."

Gura agreed and hopped onto your back, you held her legs with your arms as she leaned into your back. You ended up baking salmon in the oven, which luckily ended well.

There were a few mishaps here and there - mostly during the preparation phase, like seasoning, as Gura didn't understand the difference between garlic salt and ordinary table salt.

"They're both salt! Why do I need to add two types of salt? Isn't it going to make it saltier?" Gura panicked.

When the time came to put it into the oven, you ended up waiting ten or so minutes to preheat the oven because Gura forgot to remind you. So during that time, you watched a little bit of Konosuba. When it was done, you had to chuck the salmon into the oven, as you didn't trust Gura with super hot things.

As you waited, you and Gura - again - watched Konosuba for a good hour.

Now it was time to feast - mostly for the shark, though.

The both of you placed your hands together as if to pray and you took a breath in to say,

"It's time to eat!" Gura rushed and began eating before you could even say a word.

"Slow down, Gura." You giggled nervously.

Out of the entire fillet, Gura took an entire two thirds, where you got the measly latter. You didn't mind, though. As long as Gura was staying healthy, you supposed that a light dinner wouldn't hurt.

You rested your head on the palm of your hand and watched the shark eat peacefully.

"Are you not going to eat? Do you not have enough?" Gura began putting some of her portion onto your plate.

"Hey, no! I was just admiring you..." You sighed nervously.

"Admiring...?" She froze midway and dropped the piece of salmon abruptly into your plate. "Ah!"

You smiled at her bashful state and let out a relieved sigh.

"I'd hate to see a world without a Gura."

"I'd also hate to see a world without a Y/N!" She exclaimed. "I wouldn't have a cuddle buddy!"

Gura resumed eating off of her plate whilst smiling. You decided it was a good time to eat as well.

...

After your meal and cleaning up in the kitchen, you met Gura at the couch in the living room, dimly lit by the television with Konosuba on.

As you approached her, she splayed the blanket with her arm and offered the spot next to her. You watched episodes on end and stopped when you noticed Gura sleeping on your shoulder. Turning off the television, you could hear her soft breaths singing in your ear.

You wrapped yourself well in the blanket, kissed the top of her head, and rested your own head on top of it.

"Good night, my clingy shark." You sighed.

...

a/n; fauna chapter incoming!!!!! ok ima go eat lunch, have a good day ;)