[JP] - Nekomata Okayu

hi, thanks for 3k!

enjoy.

...

You roamed into the kitchen to retrieve the sandwich you saved earlier. Except when you opened the fridge, your beloved sandwich was gone from its' resting place.

"It was right there." You mumbled.

"Whut wus righ- ther?" Okayu walked behind you, her mouth stuffed by something.

"My - sandwich..." You looked behind you in awe. Her mouth was full of your custom-made sandwich, with the latter in her hands.

"This was yours?" She swallowed.

"Yeah. Wha- hey!" You held your hand out to stop her from taking another bite.

"What?"

"Give me the other half." You demanded. Okayu squinted.

"What's my part of the deal?" She bargained.

"You already ate your part of the deal..." You chuckled lightly.

"Good point. Here you go." She gave you what seemed to be the third left of your sandwich. You weren't too angry because at least you had some.

"I'm hungry." Okayu blared.

"You almost finished my sandwich."

"How about we go grab something to eat?" She raised a finger. "Maybe a bu-"

"Not a buffet, Okayu. We just went to one yesterday with Korone."

"Aw, busted." She slumped. "Well, what do you think we should do?"

"Dunno." You shrugged.

An awkward silence filled the room.

...

"Calling it a restaurant is kind of an overstatement if you think about it." You flicked back the turn signal as you straightened the wheel.

"Thinking of it as an overstatement is an understatement, Y/N." Okayu rebutted. "It's the world's best takoyaki on the planet!"

"The corner shop down our road is one of the best takoyaki places there is." You checked your mirrors.

"Shut up. We're already on the way."

"'Kay..." You yawned.

Okayu had persuaded you to drive to this new takoyaki "restaurant" that she and Korone had talked about for some time. Though, you figured it wouldn't be big, assuming from the title Okayu gave it, but the sheer size proved you wrong as you pulled in front of it.

"Look at that line..." You sighed, putting your car in park. Okayu undid her seatbelt.

"Well, maybe we should-" The sound of the car door closing startled you, Okayu rushing to the end of the line.

"She is one hungry cat..." You clicked your tongue while exiting the car. Closing the door behind you, you pressed a button the door handle, locking the vehicle. You jogged towards the end of the line but Okayu wasn't there.

"Where did she..."

"Y/N, over here!" She seemed to be farther up the line, closer towards the entrance, as her arm waved rapidly out from the hordes of people, just like her tail whenever you treated her to your food. As you stepped aside, walking past people who probably waited longer than the both of you, stared deeply into your soul with unrelenting hatred.