As long as it's with you - 🎄Christmas Special!🎄

(Requested by Flameriser18)

Third Person P.O.V.

The Isles had never heard of Christmas 6 years ago when Luz came through the portal. But since then, it has evolved to have just about as much hype as it does on Earth. All the witches and demons alike get excited for this magical time of the year, and it puts a temporary peace on the normally restless and dangerous isles.

When December 1st rolled around once again, Luz and Amity were excited as ever to decorate their small apartment to make it feel as Christmas-y as possible. After dating since they were 14, their relationship has blossomed, and they are very much committed for the long run. Not too long ago, they got their own place together, and they haven't looked back.

Sure, Luz misses King and Eda every once and a while, but that's what staffs are for. She had her palisman to fly over whenever she wanted to visit. Amity, however, didn't really miss much about her childhood home. The only thing she didn't like about moving away was not being able to see her siblings every day, like she had for the first 20 or so years of her life. But that was a price she was more than willing to pay if it meant that she could live with the love of her life.

And right now, the love of her life was balancing on a very unsteady chair from their small kitchen, attempting to place the star on top of their tree. The tree was very much like the one they made at grom, but it was a lot smaller, and more like the orange pine-like trees that resided around the isles in shape. But it had the same sort of blossoms and beautiful pink color. It was something they both felt was absolutely necessary since it gave both of them so much nostalgia. Not to mention, it gave Amity a chance to tease Luz about how oblivious she was back then.

"Luz! Careful!" Amity jumped up from her seat on the couch to stand behind Luz and make sure she didn't fall.

"Don't worry! I'm fine," She held her arms out for more balance. "I've done this before, I'm not sure why I can't do it now." She shrugged slightly and went back to leaning precariously over the tree with a star in one hand and the chord in the other.

"Here, give me the chord so you have one hand to put on the wall," Amity held out her hand for Luz to give her the chord, and Luz quickly accepted, knowing full well that if she didn't she would indeed take a tumble off the shaky chair.

"Thank you, mi amor," She smiled down at Amity and then quickly turned her attention back to the task at hand.

After a few more tries, Luz succeeded in her task, and carefully dismounted the chair, returning it to the kitchen before going to snuggle up to Amity on the couch.

"Merry Christmas, baby," Amity snuggled into Luz's side, burying her head into her girlfriend's shoulder.

Luz gently kissed Amity on the top of her head. "Merry Christmas," She sighed contentedly, smiling at the moment she had found herself in. "You know, this is pretty perfect."

"Hmm?" Amity hummed in questioning, too absorbed by Luz's warmth to completely comprehend the human's words.

"I'm here. With you. In our own place. I just couldn't imagine this being more perfect than it is right now," Luz hugged Amity tighter, which made the other girl do the same.

"Yeah, this is pretty great," Amity nuzzled more into Luz's side, mostly because she knew from experience what would happen next.

And sure enough, Luz jumped, realizing that they had more things to do than just cuddle. "Oh! Look at what time it is!" She sat up, leaving Amity pouting at the lack of warmth and touch. "We're meeting with Gus and Willow in a half an hour!"

"Relax, baby," Amity sat up too, wrapping her arms around Luz's shoulders and setting her head there as well. "We've got time."

"Yeah, but not much," Luz frowned, undoubtedly working out the timing of things in her head.