22

The next week passed faster than Molly realized. She would wake up in the morning and get ready for work. While she got ready, Andrew brewed a pot of coffee and made her a quick breakfast. They settled into a simple routine. He'd kiss her goodbye and press a travel coffee mug into her hand as she rushed out the door. And at night, she would come home to a fully prepared dinner and stories of the adventures Andrew had gotten up to that day. Then they'd spend the evenings before bed exploring each other's bodies.

"So I know I said I wanted to go out and explore this weekend, but I think I'd rather just be naked and stay in," Andrew told her, nuzzling his nose against her shoulder as they sat in bed on Friday night.

Molly was eating a bowl of Honey Lavender ice cream from Salt and Straw next to him, offering him every other spoonful. "That does sound appealing," she remarked. "But I thought you wanted to go to a Halloween party? At your friend's?"

"Eh, they'll understand if I don't show up," he reasoned, pulling her tighter against his body. He opened his mouth for another spoonful.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but we should go," she said. "It would be nice to meet your friends here."

He looked at her with a mixture of shock and amusement. "Jesus, all this sex must be messing with your brain. I thought you just said you wanted to meet my friends."

She nudged him lightly and smiled. "I'm serious. I think we should go."

"Alright," he chuckled. "I don't know what I'll go as though."

"Honey, this is L.A. Most people don't take the whole dress up element seriously," she said.

"Fine, fine," he agreed. "Alana said the party is at eight tomorrow."

A thought crossed Molly's mind. "What will you introduce me as?" she asked, avoiding his gaze.

He settled his chin on her shoulder. "What do you want me to introduce you as," he asked.

She felt like this was a test from him to see how serious she was, as if the title she chose would somehow tell him how important their relationship was to her. Calling herself his girlfriend made her feel too much like his property in a way. She certainly wasn't ready for a title yet, especially since she knew that somehow it would get out. Everyone in L.A. talked and the rumor mill would run rampant.

"Just Molly. Introduce me as Molly," she told him.

He nodded. "Whatever you like."

"We'll have to go by my apartment tomorrow though. I need to get a few things," she said, putting the bowl on the night stand.

"Like what?" he asked, turning off the light.

"I didn't pack anything for a party," she said, settling next to him.

"But I didn't either..." he said.

"I'm sure you packed something that will work," she replied, closing her eyes.

"Goodnight a chroí," he sighed, pressing a kiss on her forehead.

***

"Mol, we have to leave in ten minutes," Andrew said, peeking his head around the bathroom door. "Holy Jesus," he remarked, taking her outfit in.

She'd gone with a pair of knee high black velvet high heeled boots, fishnet tights, and a vintage oversized concert t-shirt dress that fell to her upper thigh. The neck of the tee had been cut open in a low V to reveal the top of a black push up bra and her breasts inside it. A diamond choker at her neck completed the outfit. She put her hair into a high pony tail at the crown of her head and kept her makeup sultry, highlighting her cheekbones and lips.