S E V E N T E E N

Start from the beginning

~

Jasper and Alice were now in the lobby, by the counter, settling the bill for the room. Bella and Seraphina hung back, and Seraphina wanted to apologise to Bella but she didn't think she could.

Bella's phone went off and she answered it.

"Calm down, Mom. Everything is fine, okay? I'll explain every-" Bella cut herself off, listening to the other end of the call. "Mom? Are you there?" Seraphina could see the slight horror in Bella's eyes and began to get concerned. After a minute or so of silence Bella glared at the wall.

"Bella?" Seraphina whispered, but Bella didn't answer.

"Leave my mother out of this." Bella sneered before being quiet for a moment. "I...don't think so." Seraphina watched Bella's face blank. "Where should i meet you?" After a moment or two Bella hung up and hastily left. Seraphina was torn on what she should do. Should she follow Bella? Or stay and risk Bella possibly dying? She growled to herself before swiftly following Bella.

By the time Seraphina got out of the lobby, she saw a taxi pull off.

"Let's hope track running comes in handy." She groaned before taking off running. She ran down several streets and asked several people where the old ballet studio was, and when she finally got there, she sucked in a sharp breath, resting her hands on her knees. She was severely out of breath, but she didn't know how much she had ran.

She must've been running for at least fifteen maybe twenty-five minutes straight.

She used her magic to open the doors and she sauntered into the ballet studio, looking around cautiously. She couldn't see anyone inside. She used her magic again to close the door as she kept looking at all the pillars and mirrors. Seraphina walked behind a row of pillars and checked by there, but no one was there.

"Hello?" She called out, frowning as she didn't hear anything. She looked to the door, half expecting Bella to walk in. She didn't, though. Sighing, Seraphina turned and gasped. "Bella!" She cried running to her sister. She knelt on the ground, and placed a gentle hand on Bella's shoulder.

"Leave." Bella whispered, but Seraphina shook her head.

"The other Swan." James taunted and Seraphina glowered at him as she turned to face him.

"James." She spat and he smirked.

"You aren't human. That's why i couldn't smell you." He sneered and Seraphina laughed heartedly.

"Ding ding ding go make the birds sing." She smiled, but James didn't understand what she meant.

"What-"

"Oh for fuck sake, you got the statement right." Seraphina spat with venom and James smirked.

"So...you came to watch her die?" He asked and Seraphina glared. "It'll be quite the show." James went to launch himself at Bella, to bite her, but Seraphina was quicker. She used her magic and hit him, flinging him away from Bella.

"Touch her any more and you're dead." Bella stared at Seraphina in shock. After all she had done to the hybrid, after all she said, here Seraphina was...helping to protect her.

"Hmm. I'll just have to kill you first." James launched himself at Seraphina but the hybrid was quicker. She let out a wail as she pushed her hands forward, a sonic blast of sorts emmitted from her and James was - once again - flung backwards.

"A  Banshee. And a Witch? Oh...the game's getting fun." Seraphina prayed that Alice and Jasper would realise their absence soon and try to find him because she honestly didn't know how much she could keep James at bay for.

James lurched for Bella once more but Seraphina once again used her magic, stopping him.

"Stubborn, i'll give ya that." James shook his head and Seraphina shot her hand out. A blue electrifying force came from her hand...but she missed. James smirked and used his vamp speed. He got up close to her and bit into her neck. James' venom began to soar through Seraphina's body but it didn't work the same as it normally would. Seraphina fell to the ground once James let her go. Her eyes were open, shock filled them. She felt paralyzed as a burning sensation filled her body.

As Seraphina laid there, her blood slowly seeping from the bite wound, her body unable to move as she looked at Bella.

"I'm sorry." She croaked out to her sister before all life left the girl. The venom found it's way to her heart and her heart stopped beating.

Edward jumped into the ballet studio and knocked James away from both girls. Edward's heart shattered at the sight of Seraphina. The consequences of her death would have an impact on them all and especially Jasper. He almost didn't want to be there when the other's arrived. Edward then looked to Bella, who was fighting against unconsciousness and he almost growled in anger at her. This was when Edward finally realised something.

Bella was not his mate.

That was when Edward decided he'd fight for what James had done to Seraphina, not Bella. For Bella was alive and Bella was the reason Seraphina laid....motionless...without a heartbeat.

"You're alone...because you're faster than the others." James spat as he held Edward by the throat and against a mirror. "But not stronger." James then smashed Edward's head into a mirror in anger.

"I'm strong enough to kill you." Edward sneered, being fulled by the anger that came with Seraphina's death. He kicked James, making the blonde vampire lurch away. James crashed into a mirror and shattered it. "I'm sorry." Edward said  to Seraphina as he crouched by her motionless body. "I'll keep her safe from now on." He promised her body before speeding to Bella and picking her up. He jumped to a window and made an attempt at leaving, but James wasn't having it. He grabbed Edward's foot and pulled Edward and Bella back.

They collided with the floor and Bella ended up rolling onto mirror shards. James grabbed Edward and flung him into a window, which shattered the glass and clung to the window sill.

James stalked up to Bella, who gasped as she pulled out a shard from her leg - which began to seep with blood. James crouched by Bella and grabbed her wrist, smirking at Edward. Edward launched himself at James but James was quicker. He bit into Bella's wrist, the girl screaming out in agony as the venom began spreading as a much slower rate then what it had in Seraphina. Edward collided with James, which sent them both skidding along the floor, away from Bella.

Bella arched her back repeatedly as the venom spread, groaning in pain.

Edward fought with James, kicking him away and holding him against a pillar. James yelled out and Edward just held his throat as he looked at James with a seething anger. Edward bit into James' neck and tore out a piece of the vampire's stone flesh.

James groaned as it hurt and Edward didn't look remorseful.

As Bella continued to groan and cry out in pain, Carlisle pressed a hand to Edward's shoulder. The other Cullens all filed in, but they only heard one heart beat.

"No!" Jasper cried as he sped to Seraphina's body. He gripped her face and felt how cold it was. He saw the shock in her unclosed, unblinking eyes. He saw the colour that had left her skin and he saw the bite mark in her neck. "No, no, NO!" Jasper sped to James and growled, grabbing him and flinging him across the room. The other's joined in as they got to work with killing the nomad.

They were all angered at the realisation of Seraphina's death.

Alice had gone to Bella though - unwillingly to be fair - and tried to assure her it was okay. Carlisle had told Edward he needed to suck the venom from Bella and he went over to her hesitantly.

"I don't want to. It's...it's her fault." He muttered so Bella couldn't hear.

"Alice, Alice, go." Carlisle said once he came over. With a new rage, Alice sped to James and jumped on his bag. She twisted his head off and threw it into the newly built burning fire. Jasper and Emmett ripped James apart, throwing it piece into the fire with a sense of pleasure.

For James had killed their Seraphina.

hey how was it?
Comment and vote xx

PS, sorry for the longer chapter lol